chapter 3

I tried taking a bubble bath to calm myself down from whatever the hell that was. As much as I wanted to keep doing this with the group, I didn't know if I felt comfortable around him. What would happen the next time we ended up alone?

I shook my head, trying to get rid of thoughts I didn't want to think about. I sunk down lower in the bathtub and closed my eyes. I had a huge list of things I wanted to do while I was here for a few months and I tried to distract myself by planning my next few weeks.

I heard my phone ding and I reached for a towel to dry my hands before picking up my phone.

"Hi, this is Brennen. I hope you don't mind but I got your number from Colby's phone. I just wanted to apologize for how I acted. That was not okay for me to talk to you like that," the text message said.

I audibly sighed and I typed back a simple response.

"Thanks," I responded.

I set my phone back down on the table that was next to the tub and sunk back down. About thirty seconds later, I heard my phone ding again. There's no way he has a response to a one word text message.

"The offer to take you out is still on the table ◡̈," the text read.

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone, setting it down once again. I didn't have the energy to respond. I didn't want to be rude and ruin my chances of going on these hunts with these guys, but I also didn't want to make Brennen think that this behavior was okay. And there's no way this was the first time he's acted like this. He was way too comfortable doing that and knew to apologize. 

I slipped into an oversized t-shirt and underwear and crawled into bed. I was absolutely exhausted from today. Not only did I meet my favorite YouTubers and get harrassed by one of them, but I also had already been up since 6 that morning. By the time I made it into bed, it was almost 2 in the morning.

The next morning, I went down to the lobby to meet up with the boys for breakfast. As I walked into the seating area, I made eye contact with Colby and smiled at him. He pulled out a chair next to him and motioned for me to sit down. Luckily, it was on the complete opposite side of the table from Brennen. 

Sam talked about a few places they wanted to visit today that were just out of town. The thought of being a couple of hours away from my hotel with Brennen put my stomach in knots.

"Are you okay?" Colby asked quietly, leaning over to me.

"Huh?" I asked, bringing myself back into the conversation.

"You're really pale, are you okay?" Colby whispered.

I shook my head and smiled at him. "Yeah, I'm good," I reassured him. "I just get nauseaous in the mornings, I'm used to it." I laughed softly.

He raised an eyebrow at me, but turned his attention back to Sam. We all agreed to meet up back around noon and head to the first spot they wanted to go, which was, unsurprisingly, a cemetery.

We all parted ways and I went back to my room to get ready for the day. I tried my best to look as put together as I could without worrying about being hot. It was mid-August and the town we were in had a high of 92 degrees for today. Knowing we were going to be outside, I had to make sure I was cute for the camera, but cool for the temperature. 

I changed into a fitted tank top dress and slipped on some sneakers. I looked in the full length mirror that sat next to the door. I looked cute and comfy. Perfect for being on camera and perfect for being around the guy I've had an internet crush on since I was a teenager.

I heard a knock on the door and looked out of the peep hole. I opened the door to find Colby standing there, a computer in his hand. He smiled at me and looked back down at the laptop, brushing past me and walking into my room.