Chapter Eighteen: I Trust You

A/N: Peek-a-boo I bet you weren't expecting an update 👁️👄👁️

"Jay and Sunoo are doing a live tomorrow...but besides that...you have the next three weeks to yourself."

"Really? No photo-shoots...filming...nothing?" Jake asks. Dohyun nods. Jungwon glanced over at Ni-ki, but his expression was soft and calm.

A master at hiding.

"Finally..." Heeseung sighs, leaning back in his chair.

"Enjoy it, you guys deserve it." Dohyun says. The boys nod and watch as Dohyun exits the room, leaving them alone in the silence. The seven of them sat awkwardly at the table...avoiding each other's eyes.

Jay finally decides to speak up after releasing a loud sigh.

"So...are we not going to talk about what happened while filming?" he asks. Jungwon looks over at him and shakes his head.

"No. I ask that everyone leave it unmentioned for now...until you're ready, Ni-ki." Jungwon says quietly. Ni-ki shrugs in response, staring down at his hands resting in his lap.

"And you two?" Heeseung asks, gesturing towards Sunghoon and Sunoo. It was noticeable that the tension between them had lessened, and they weren't avoiding each other anymore.

Their situation was still as undefined and awkward as ever though.

"We're fine. Seriously, this time." Sunoo assures. Heeseung nods and stands from his chair.

"Okay...well...let's all try to take advantage of this break. We all need time to destress from the past couple of weeks. I'm sure things will...get easier." Heeseung says. Jake nods.

Ni-ki stares at his fingers. Would things get better? Was being forced to go to a therapist going to make things better?

Can I really...be fixed?

Do I...deserve...to be fixed?

"I'll see you guys at the dorms..." Jake says suddenly, heading towards the door.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Heeseung asks. Jake looks back at him and raises an eyebrow but doesn't answer. Heeseung swallows.

"Let me come with you." He says quietly. Jake stands at the door for several seconds before nodding, giving Heeseung permission to follow him. The two of them leave rather quickly, like they were late for something. The remaining members shared suspicious glances but no one mentioned it.

"Anyway...is there anything in particular you guys want to eat?" Jungwon asks.