𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖-

I AND GEORGE ARE HEADED over to Alex's to talk to Lewis about the allegations.

"Babe, do you have a flannel shirt I could borrow?" I ask George as I drive over to Alex's apartment.

"Yeah, why?" George shuffles some stuff around in his bag and pulls out a beige shirt, that I put onto my lap, pulling into a local car park.

"Fashion darling." I pull my shades down and wink at him teasingly, then leave my car, closing the door.

I throw on the shirt over my dress and shield my face from the paparazzi as me and George close the door and jog upstairs, knocking on Alex's door.

"It's open, come in!" Alex yells and I open the door, me and George walk into Alex's living room where Lewis sits awkwardly.

"Congratulations." Lewis motions my bump.

"Mm," I reply dryly, plonking onto the couch, George joining me.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Alex comes in from his kitchen with a bottle of water.

"Alright, let's address the first elephant in the room. I'm happy for you two, I won't try to keep you both apart but if something does happen, don't say I didn't tell you so." Alex starts seriously and I nod along.

"Lewis, are they true?" I pull my legs up on the couch and sit cross-legged.

"Yes," Is all he has to mutter and I huff out a sob.

"Why, Lewis shit was going so well." Tears flow freely as I look at the guy I called one of my best friends.

"It was 5 years ago." He tries to defend himself.

"That doesn't matter." George shakes his head in disgust.

"I don't recognize you anymore." I wipe my tears hastily and George grabs my free hand, softly stroking it.

"I'm going to release a response soon til then I guess just don't say anything about it." I nod numbly, standing and walking into Alex's kitchen.

Leaning against his counter a shaky exhale escapes my mouth and tears keep flowing. Someone walks up next to me, Alex wraps me in a hug and I let everything out.

"Why Alex, he was my fucking best friend, how could he do this to us?" I cry continuously into his shoulder.

"I don't know, I don't know B." Alex coos as he strokes my hair.

George's POV:

"I know we weren't ever that close but I'm sorry George," Lewis utters looking down at the ground guiltily.

"Of course, it will affect me but it has affected Brooke, Alex and Cam the most. They were there for so long, helping you when you needed it most, how could you do that to them? Now me and both Arthur's are gonna be picking up the pieces that you broke it's not fair on any of us. All this time we've been laughing at weirdos like Paul and James Charles, you're just like them, you fucking fraud. They didn't deserve this at all. For those reasons, don't contact any of us ever again." I spit at him not caring how he reacted.

"I know, I'm sorry." I scoff at his attempt at an apology.

"No, if you were sorry you wouldn't have done this in the first place. You're only sorry because you were caught. Brooke's pregnant for fucks sake, she's one of the kindest, most pure people I know and how fucking dare you do that to her. You selfish bastard." I roll my eyes at him and leave to find Brooke.

"I know, baby, I know." I engulf her in a hug, finding her in the kitchen sobbing her heart out with Alex.

"Just please get me the fuck out of this flat." She begs into my chest, Alex looks up at me.

"You take her home, I'll get Lewis back to his place," Alex says picking up his car keys.

"Alright." I agree as my hand latches onto Brooke's.

A Few Weeks Later:

"Lewis has released his response," George tells me and I inhale sharply.

It's been a few weeks and I still haven't processed everything yet. It's so hard to come to terms with that one of your closest friends could do something like that. For that reason, George has been staying with me just to make sure me and the baby are ok.

"Alright, let's see how he handles it." I sigh walking from my recording room to the living room.

We both sit on the couch my leg over his lap as I flick on YouTube, typing in Lewis Buchan. It's the first video that comes up and I hesitantly click on it. He starts by saying everything we knew and explaining his side of the story. One of the last sentences makes me tune back in.

"To my friends, George Clarke, Alex Elmslie, Brooke Parker, both Arthur's and Cam Kirkham. I'm so incredibly sorry for my actions, I know that you are very disappointed and even angry at me for what I have done, so I am so sorry. Brooke especially as she was there when this was the worst of the worst back when I was 15-19 you drastically changed my life. Some of you might remember from the video I posted some time ago when I tried to jump out of the moving car. Brooke saw the video and said that it was her that touch my hand. Brooke, I know your watching and how you feel, you have quite literally saved my life, you'll forever be in my debt. I hate that this is the way I repaid you. I love you all so much, thank you for listening." Lewis ends the video and I sob yet again.

This isn't fair.