Chapter 2-Monster Cake and Strangers

"Hey Purah, I—" the wooden door swung open.

Inside was the familiar scene but with a strange new addition that made me do a double take. There was a boy in here. I thought I was the only one who came to visit Symin and Purah...?

The boy had a hood on and thick traveling clothes. He faced Purah, but I could tell he was now looking at me under his hood.

I cleared my throat, pink tingeing my pointy ears. "Uh, should I come back later?"

Purah hopped off her chair. "Oh no, no! Stay! I see you brought me some cake! Ooh yummy! I was just sending Linky away anyways!" She waved away the boy who looked slightly confused. "Do the thing, Linky! Then we can that cute little slate working!"

The boy—Link—just shrugged and walked out, picking up the torch that rested by the wall on his way out.

Not even a second after the door closed, Purah was bouncing up and down, reaching for the monster cake.

I set it down on the table, not even bothering to clear the papers away. Purah hopped up on the chair once again and hastily slid the plate close to her. "Yummy! Did you just come to bring me a little treaty? Thank you! I must get back to work though, big things happening today!"

I quickly yanked the plate far away from Purah, who had frosting covered her fingers. She hadn't bothered to grab a fork.

I knew very well that I could have just unleashed Purah's rage but my curiosity was greater then my fear.

Fortunately, all she did was pout and slap her hands on the table. "Hey!"

"Not so fast, kid." I told her. "I have questions first."

"I"—slam—"am"—slam—"not"—slam—"a kid!"

Slam!

I rolled my eyes inwardly. "Right. Forgot you're over a hundred years old. Anyways, who was that? Family or something?"

Purah glared at me. "Only the most important person in Hyrule!"

This time I rolled my eyes obviously. "Right. And my parents were Gorons."

Purah pursed her lips. "That would not make sense, analyzing your physical features."

"Sarcasm, Purah!"

"Ohhh, okay. Yes. Sarcasm. Must remember that. But he is very important. The failure to defeat the calamity...our hero is the only one to fail...why? What did the others have in common?" Purah wondered out loud.

"Oh, Purah. That reminds me, I started reading The Ocarina of Time and it's really good! Link and Navi's journey is—"

Purah snapped her fingers and let out a shriek. "Navi! (Y/n) you're a genius! Yes, the hero always had someone to help him!  Did ours? No! Maybe the goddesses made him one but only for the right time! After Ganon took control!"

Purah clapped and bounced up and down excitedly. "This is good! This is really good! The kids nowadays say totes awesomesauce!"

I narrowed my eyes. "Uh, Purah, hate to burst your bubble here but...our hero died. Remember?"

Purah rolled her eyes. "Sureee, he totally did."

"I don't know what you're getting at here, but he did. Every book about the calamity says—"

BAM.