1. It's Tim

When Lucy walked over to the food trucks for lunch, she was surprised to see her Aunt Amy sitting at one of the tables. "Aunt Amy, what are you doing here?"

She shot up from her seat and pulled her niece into a tight hug, "Oh honey, it's good to see you." Amy took a step back to take in the sight of Lucy and smiled, "I was just catching up with a friend."

It was a curious spot for anyone who is not a cop to eat at, and Lucy angled her head as her lips pursed in confusion, but before she could ask any more questions, Tim walked over holding out tacos.

"Here are your fish tacos, Amy," Tim smiled and set them down in front of her before placing his own by his seat.

Lucy watched him take the chair next to her aunt's and was DEFINITELY confused. "Since when do you eat with my aunt?" Those had been the first words she had spoken to Tim that weren't work related since he told her that he and Ashley broke up.

Tim opened his mouth to speak, but was rendered speechless by the fact that they were around each other unexpectedly. Hearing her voice knocked him off center, but he had to admit that it was nice to hear her talking to him.

"Since we're friends. Tim is such a good man," Amy beamed and placed a light hand on the man's cheek.

Lucy tried speaking a few times but found that she could not compose any sort of decent reply to this absolutely shocking news.

"Why don't you join us, Lulu," Amy smiled and pointed to an empty chair at their table.

"Yeah, Lulu," Tim said teasingly with a slight smirk, since he knew how much she didn't like the nickname. Poking fun at her felt normal enough, and with Amy as a buffer, he thought he had the strength to be around her. They do work together and share all the same friends. They NEEDED to get past the awkward tension between them.

Lucy eyed him sassily but took a seat next to her aunt and across from Tim. She welcomed the jab. It was a glimpse into what they used to be, and she missed that.

The problem was that once she sat down, his mouth went dry, and Tim kept repositioning himself in his chair in lieu of actually saying anything. To get some distance and relax, he volunteered, "Let me go get your usual," and left the table to order her food.

Amy whipped her head in her niece's direction and smirked, "I like him for you. You guys are good together." Lucy opened her mouth to object, but her aunt quickly waved at her dismissively. "I know your parents don't approve, but I like him."

"My parents? I barely speak to them let alone about Tim."

"I know, but I've mentioned him a few times. I'm trying to get Patrick and my stubborn sister to warm up to the idea of Tim. After all, I know how serious it is between you two."

"Aunt Amy, I...I don't know what you think is happening between Tim and I. I'm seeing someone, but..."

"You don't have to lie to me, dear. It's time that you two stop hiding your relationship. You don't need your mother's approval to be happy. You and Tim are perfect for each other."

Lucy really could not believe that her aunt misinterpreted the situation between her and her friends and coworkers, because that's all they were. Friends and coworkers. Friends and coworkers who kissed twice for work. "We are..."

Perfect for each other.

Quite the concept.

But TIM being perfect for HER? Sure, they're friends, and Lucy feels a strong connection to him, but there is a big difference between some attraction and being PERFECT. That seemed like quite the jump. Especially since when Tim opened the door and suggested that the two kisses that they shared for undercover work felt like more than pretend, Lucy had been quick to tell him it was merely "basic biology" and nothing more. She didn't know WHY she was so eager to tell him that it was nothing, but it felt important that they did not entertain the idea of there being anything MORE between them than friendship.