18. Feeling Complete

The first thing Tim saw when he woke up was Lucy's head on his chest. Just to be sure, he lifted up the blanket, and she was completely wrapped around him with their limbs tangled together like the previous instance where they woke up together when they were staying in the cottage. Only this time, Tim was in Lucy's bed in her apartment and neither of them were wearing any clothes (quite the upgrade in his opinion). When she started to stir, he peppered her head and face with kisses.

Lucy smiled sleepily as she started to open her eyes.

"Morning, baby," he rumbled.

"Morning," she grinned and pecked his chest.

Tim dragged a digit down her arm until he interlaced fingers and saw her engagement ring back on her hand. "We got engaged last night."

"We did," Lucy beamed.

"Are we insane? We only went on one real date before we got engaged."

"It was a great date, though, and besides, you can still take me on dates as my fiancée." Now that Tim really was her fiancée, the title felt more sacred somehow.

"As long as afterwards," his hand on her back started traveling lower, "we end up in bed together."

"I'm glad I didn't see those two interruptions as signs we shouldn't have sex. Wouldn't have wanted to miss out on what we did last night."

He wore a smirk and replied smugly, "Oh, I wasn't talking about sex. When I said I wanted us to end up in bed together, I meant I wanted to lay down and have my favorite barnacle wrapped around me."

She chuckled but refused to detach from how she was holding on to him. "I swear I've never been like this before."

"I love it. I would like a lifetime of waking up with the most gorgeous barnacle."

Lucy showed him her engagement ring and said, "That's exactly what you're gonna get."

"Good," he murmured and leaned down to kiss her. First it was slow, but then Tim shuffled until he was laying on top of her, and soon his movements grew fiercer.

"Amy," Lucy managed to gasp to ensure they did not go too far yet. "We said we'd call Aunt Amy this morning and tell her the good news."

He dropped his forehead to hers and took a deep breath. "Yeah, you're right. Let's call Amy, and then I want you."

She nodded and felt her heart skip a beat.

"Phone. Let me find one of our phones," Tim volunteered and started peeling himself off of his new fiancée, eliciting a groan from her. "Just a second, baby," he promised and climbed off of the bed to search their discarded clothes for his phone. "Out of battery," Tim reported when he found his.

"Mine is in the bathroom."

"Also out of battery," he sighed and plugged them both in to start charging.

She reached for him and smiled, "Guess we have a few minutes until our phones turn on, but I'm already turned on."

He laughed. "Really? Me too," Tim said before diving in for a kiss.

Some time later, Lucy started dialing Amy and put the phone on speakerphone while curled into Tim's side.

"I was expecting a call much later in the day unless you two haven't gone to sleep yet," Amy answered the phone.

"Hi, Amy," Tim greeted and chuckled into Lucy's hair.

"You sound happy," Amy grinned.

"My fiancée hasn't stopped smiling all morning," Lucy mused.