1

Hello, and welcome to more Izuku angst! Let's make the sunshine boy suffer, shall we? ALSO, Sexual assault, self harm, and suicide are discussed in this story, but not in great detail. Please do not read if any of these things triggers you! Hope you enjoy💞

Izuku Midoriya woke up knowing today was going to be an awful day.

If it wasn't the migraine that hit him like a truck when he woke up, or the nausea that was coiling in his gut, it was the clock on his nightstand that blinked 8:30 in bright red numbers that was the indicator.

He jolted up, immediately regretting it as the pounding behind his eyes got worse. He pressed his palms to his eyes, and stayed there for a moment until it's subsided to an almost bearable ache. Though it wasn't the best, it had to do, and he made a mental note to pick up pain meds after homeroom.

Speaking of homeroom, he had fifteen minutes to get ready, and even then he would barely make it before it started. Why hadn't his alarm wake him up, when he always made sure it was automatically set to go off. He grabbed it and clicked on the screen multiple times, but it remained black. Groaning, he remembered he forgot to charge it the night before.

Izuku didn't have time for this, he would just charge it later. Later, later, later, everything later. He haphazardly threw on his uniform, not even bothering with trying to brush his hair or struggling with his tie. After he deemed himself decent enough, he sprinted out the dorms and through the campus.

For a brief moment he wondered why no one bothered to wake him up. While he appreciated his friends letting him sleep in, this was a little overboard. For once he wished Iida would've barged in like he usually did, chopping the air in front of him or Uraraka pushing him off the bed. That always woke him up.

Izuku swallowed down his frustration. He was a big boy, he didn't need his friends to do things he was more than capable of doing himself. Besides, they had to worry about themselves first, why would they take time out of their day to care about what Izuku does.

When he reached the classroom, he took a deep breath. He was not going to let a little setback ruin his day. Izuku was optimistic, he was the one that never let anything get him down, he was the sunshine of the class. Izuku didn't have time to feel self-pitying. It wasn't fair.

It was his job to never let his smile falter.

As soon as he stepped in, he automatically knew something was wrong. No one looked up, nor seemed to acknowledge his entry. In fact, it was almost as if everyone was purposely ignoring him. He caught Uraraka's eye and gave her a friendly wave. Uraraka flinched, but returned the gesture with a strained smile, adverting her eyes. Which he guessed was better than nothing, especially since Todoroki and Iida were acting as if he didn't exist.

Izuku winced at the thought. No, no, he had it all wrong. What was it with him and this constant need for validation?! If his friends didn't want to talk to him at the moment than that was perfectly fine! He didn't blame them. This wasn't middle school, they weren't ignoring him on purpose. Right?

As he took his sit behind Katsuki, he could feel eyes on his back but when he looked , no one was looking at him. In fact, he was pretty sure students were giving him the side eye. But he was probably being paranoid. Still, he sank down in his seat, pretending to doodle in his notebook like it was just another normal day for him. Which it was. Nothing was wrong. Absolutely nothing.

Why were they looking at him like that? He wanted them to stop, he hated people looking at him at like that. It made his skin crawl.

Speaking of Katsuki, the usually eccentric boy was sitting there silently, staring into space at something only he could see. The only sign of movement was his hand repeatedly clenching and unclenching. Usually he would give Izuku at least a grunt of acknowledgment, or some empty threat. But nothing. Not even a glance. His silence hurt Izuku the most.