Into the Unknown

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Elson?" I softly sigh, watching as he wraps Iduna's shawl around his shoulders. "You're wearing her scarf... You only do that when--"

"It's nothing, (Y/N)," he smiles at me, walking and standing by the window as I follow.

"But--" I yelp and laugh as he opens his shawl, pulling me into a hug and squeezing me with the shawl wrapped around us both.

I let out laughter and smile brightly as he nuzzles his nose against the top of my head, his arms tightly wrapped around me as he holds me close against him.

"I love you," Elson softly says, rubbing my arm as he looks outside.

I smile and lean against him, feeling my heart swell with adoration for him.

"I love you, too."

Elson presses a few kisses to the top of my head, holding me close as he continues to look outside the balcony window. His expression slowly softens to a slightly concerned one, making me frown with worry when I notice.

A knock draws our attention, making us look back to the door.

"Come in!" I call, watching as Anna peeks her head in before sighing with a smile, her eyebrow raising.

"Yep. Something's wrong." Anna states as she enters.

"With you?" He quickly asks, releasing me from his hug and I make my way to the bed, sitting down.

"No. With you. You're wearing Mother's scarf," Anna points out, standing in front of him with her hand on her hip. "You only bring it out to cheer up (Y/N) or when something's wrong."

I smirk at Elson, a silent I told you so unsaid as he shakes his head with smile and a playful roll of his eyes.

"I hope we didn't... pressure you!" Anna stammers, gasping. "I'm so sorry if we did!"

"Pressure you...?" I mumble in confusion, tilting my head.

"I mean, of course it's hard to... Anyway! I'm really sorry if it seemed that way!"

"No, that's... not it," Elson chuckles, narrowing his eyes in confusion as he walks towards the bed, sitting besides me.

"Then, what is it?" I question, placing my hand over his with a small smile.

"There's this..." He stops himself, sighing. "I just don't want to mess things up."

"Mess what up? Us?" I softly ask, making him sigh lightly as he holds my hand.

"You two are doing great, though!" Anna quickly replies, walking over with a wide grin.

"Yeah-- it's just... I..." Elson struggles as he sighs softly, rubbing the back of his neck as he shakes his head. "I don't know."

"Elson..." I use my free hand to gently grab his cheek, making him look at me with sad eyes. "Whatever's going on, just know that you can always rely on me. Okay?"

A small smile forms on his face as he lightly blushes, looking away with a light chuckle before looking back at me.

"What would I do without you?"

"I'll always be here," I promise, smiling at Anna. "Both of us will be."

Anna nods with a smile, "definitely." She gasps in excitement, "I know what we need! Be right back!"

I watch her with a laugh, shaking my head as she shuts the door behind her.

Elson looks back to the window, and I take the chance to look him over. His hair was more disarrayed than usual, and he had some bags under his eyes from his sleepless nights.

The Secret Voiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें