Twenty one: Calvin Chooses Julia

The day of baseball, the Cullens were discussing the Swan sisters coming, but Calvin, he wasn't interested if Bella was going to be there. Edward looked at him. "Why are you acting like that? I'm sure Julia..."

"No. Julia is worried. Last night, when she found out that Bella was going to be there, she said that she was scared because of her blood." Calvin tells them. "She isn't stupid when it comes down to nomads. Julia has been learning a whole lot about our world and not once have you all thought about her thoughts."

"We wanted her to come so we can talk about the baby shower."

Calvin shook his head. "No, it's about you wanting myself, Jasper, and Rosalie to get to know Bella. I don't trust her. Julia may have built a bond with her, but I still don't trust her when it comes to this coven." He tells them. "Her blood lures vampires, what happens if she gets cut or worse, a tracker smells her. I'm choosing Julia. She won't go."

They watched Calvin leave causing them to wonder if he was right.
~~~
Later that day, Julia walked downstairs to hear her dad meeting Edward. She tried not to laugh till she smelt the food her dad was eating causing her to run and throw up. Seeing his oldest, Charlie sighed as he walked over to her and held her hair. "I think it's best you stay home."

"That was the plan." She tells him as Bella handed her some water. "Thank you."

"You don't look like you haven't been getting much sleep." Edward pointed out.

Julia gave him a look causing him to nod, but he was worried. She shouldn't be looking that tired and her being pregnant with a vampire baby, something was wrong. He was actually happy that Calvin chose Julia's side because she really doesn't need the stress.

Charlie helped Julia up to her room so she could get some sleep. He sighed as she laid down and doze right off. Shaking his head, Charlie went downstairs to see if Calvin would come see her. "Calvin, will you come by. Julia hasn't been sleeping good and I think you can help me out."

Bella looked at Edward who sighed. "He's worried. Julia shouldn't be doing that much sleeping."

"Well, before I stopped coming, when there is something on her mind that she gets bad feelings from, she can't sleep. So whatever it is, she is scared."

Edward watched Bella get in the Jeep making him think back to this morning. Calvin was trying to warn them and knew that maybe Julia is right and that is why Calvin chose her.
~~~
That night, Calvin smiled as him and Julia watched the game with Charlie. They heard arguing causing Charlie to see Bella and Edward, Julia looked at Calvin as he already knew what was happening. "I tried to warn them." He tells her. "And I'm not helping..."

"But..."

"Julia, you and this baby will always come first." He tells her. "I choose you, Julia Swan and whatever is going on, that is all Edward and the others problem as they didn't listen to a word we have tried to tell them."

Julia smiled as she kissed him. She was happy that Calvin listened. All she needs is him and her father, even though Charlie will be gone one day and that thought hurt, but Julia knows one thing, Charlie is happy that she has her child and Calvin. She hopes one day... "Bella!" Julia screamed out as she heard the same words Renee said. "If you are going to start acting like that fucking bitch, then stay the hell away from here. We don't need you!"

"Julia, don't." Charlie tells him as she slammed the door. "Let's go finish the game. I still have you."

Julia hugged him as Calvin looked at the father daughter duo. He hated what happened. Whatever Julia was thinking about, Bella's words brought her back. "Why did she say those words that Renee said that night?"

"I don't know, but one good thing, she didn't say that you was a mistake or anything bad." He tells her. "I think she actually wants to be with her sister, but Edward changed her."

Julia nodded as he kissed her head. "The game is back on." Calvin tells them. "Is everything okay?'

"Yeah." Julia says. "Everything will be just fine."

Charlie watched her go to the couch and cover up causing him and Calvin to finish the game. Charlie looked at his eldest as he knew who he will always choose. Julia.