Chapter 2 : The court of fools.

See through the darkness. An eternal spire. The twisted mast, who write laws fast. In the heart of Ostarno city stood the pinnacle, a hub for Voridian law, all originating from Ostarno city.

Vara walked through the city, through the middle region, behind her a tall cloaked entity, hiding from the public. Vara could hear the murmurs and mutterings as she walked towards the Pinnacle. Bringing her hooded friend through all the security and into the Pinnacle's well...pinnacle room. She told the hooded figure to remove their hood and wait in the shadows. She walked out to the centre of the room

Standing before the council, with Karst at it's zenith. "Your...experiment, broke from your lab and has left thirty eight lower level citizens in critical condition. An experiment which was never authorised by this very council. An experiment done behind my back, your closest ally." Cardinal Karst would call out. 

"You knew exactly what I was working on. Lest we forget that you were also one of my experiments. We can't let that formula go undeveloped." Vara would call out. The council looking towards Karst as he held up a tablet, confirming that he had authorised experiments to slow aging. Passing the tablet around to let the others see all the legal requirements, loopholes to be exploited. All to show that he, not only slipped through all the laws, but that he did so without being able to get in trouble.

The council could be heard whispering amongst themselves. Vara noticed her seat was taken by her competitor. The head scientist beneath her. The elemental of creation. Hystrix.

"Wait!" Vara would call out. "Before you drop the axe upon my work...I performed another experiment...a successful one." As the council whispered and muttered between themselves. Vara gestured out to the shadows. Out from the shadows wandered a tall, pitch black humanoid. The council emitting a hollow gasp, one of them, a jestray calling down "What is that abomination?"

"his name...is Curiosty." She'd say, holding the humanoids hand. "A-at least that's what I called him. I don't know his original name...neither does h-" "His original name?" One would call. "Yes...He was once alive, and now, I believe he is immortal now...but...he's not Ostarnian or ...Voridian." The silence in the room was painful. "Vara...where did you get him?" Karst asked with a calm voice, despite his colleagues panicking.

"Altrok's Gate." She'd mutter. Altrok, the sector in the lower regions she had previously visited. Its dimensional gate was broken for generations. "I...repaired the gate, went to its previous dimensional coordinates. Found and emptied a grave. And brought him to my lab. I used the newest marian parasite breed. I believe they hold the key." Marian parasites were a small, leech like creature. Who was mostly harmless, but would speed up aging and weaken the body. Its reason far beyond any understanding.

"ENOUGH!" Karst would call down. "You have broken our laws. Reactivated Altrok's gate and travelled to a dimension we know nothing about. Desecrated a grave and brought a corpse back to life. This is madness! It's barbaric, sadistic, nightmaric!"

"Nightmaric...that's a good name. What were you before?" She'd ask Curiosty as he leaned to whisper to her. "Let it be known! Curiosty is the first nightmaric human!" Gasps follow throughout the council. "You...DARE...take pride in this abomination?!" Another member called out.

"Vara Hyde. I take the lead and hereby cast you from this land. Your equipment shall be destroyed. Your work incinerated. And that beast will be taken into the wasteland with you... I may be a primitive Arachinol...but I promise you, my brothers and sisters out there will not be as kind as I." He'd remove his mask. Showing his face, his primary jaws remaining locked. The ink marked on his lower jaw. Being the mark of his retirement as a soldier. Marking the blood of an enemy. On his jaws. "You have until the end of this day. To take what you can, then you, and whatever you fit onto the platform. Will be sent into the wasteland."