p3

---------

"You're going to look amazing out
there, Y/n"

"You really think so?"

Y/n sat in front of the mirror, her hair falling in loose waves around her face. Her eyes were closed as her makeup artist carefully applied a shimmering layer of eyeshadow to her eyelids, a light touch of foundation to her flawless complexion, and a pinkish-red lipstick to her lips.

The soft, natural beauty, one that highlighted her best features without appearing overly done. The makeup added depth and dimension to her features, making her eyes seem even more sparkly. Grinning at her reflection.

Her manager and aunt Marjana Parker, stood nearby, checking off items on a clipboard. The room was filled with a sense of nervous excitement.

"Totally! Just remember, be confident, but not cocky. You got this!" Marjana said with a smile.

Y/n nodded, she had been preparing for this moment for months, working with coaches and trainers to perfect her walk and her moves. She knew that the eyes of the fashion world would be on her, and she was determined to make a good impression.

As her makeup artist worked on her eyes, y/n felt a surge of adrenaline through her veins. She took a deep breath, trying to quiet her nerves.

"How old are you, y/n? You seem to be quite young" her artist said, sounding curious about y/n's age after noticing how she appeared to be.

Y/n smiled and replied, "I'm 15, it this too young?"

The artist shook her head and replied, "Not at all! In fact, it's quite impressive that you are about to start doing runway shows at such a young age. You must be really talented." She proceeded to apply the makeup and continued to prepare y/n for the show.

Y/n felt a sense of pride and confidence at hearing the artist's words. After all, her looks, talent and of course her Aunt being a known ex-supermodel did the magic.

Marjana put a hand on Y/n's shoulder and said as both of them looked at their reflection in the mirror. "You look just like your mother."

Y/n felt her heart sink as she heard those words. Her mother had passed away two years ago, to hear those words from her aunt, a sense of detachment and dispassion settling over her like a blanket. She had trained herself to keep a detached demeanor, never letting her emotions get the better of her, but the mention of her mother still had the power to rattle her.

Y/n's aunt seemed to sense the change in mood and quickly apologized, "I'm sorry, honey.. I just wanted to let you know how proud your mother would be of you."

Y/n nodded, unable to speak, as she struggled to keep her emotions in check. She didn't want to show weakness, didn't want anyone to see her as vulnerable.

Y/n's aunt seemed to understand and quickly changed the subject, asking about her plans for the rest of the day. Y/n nodded along, the conversation nothing but a blur as her mind raced with thoughts.

"I will be right back honey" Marjana said breaking the silence before walking away.

As soon as Marjana left to contact the owners, the dressing room was bustling with activity as other models ran around, talking in hushed tones, and adjusting their costumes. Y/n's nerves were on edge as she heard the sounds of the event's organizers outside, calling out directions and making final preparations for the show.

Putting on the last touch of her makeup, she felt someone staring at her. She looked up and locked eyes with a woman who was sitting nearby, also applying her makeup. The woman was stunningly beautiful, a ginger one with flawless skin and piercing eyes that glittered with envy. She was dressed in a stunning evening gown, with her hair styled in a sleek up do.