Prologue

She is a writer. She was born with perfection seen by the naked eye, but bears deep misfortune. But through writing, she copes up with all the downs. Writing becomes her ups through the downs of the reality. There, escape was felt.

But misfortune kept on nudging her down, until she gave up. She committed suicide and was set to die. Although like all fairytales, a knight in shining armor came and helped her. She was quickly brought to the hospital and her life was regained, much to her goal's contradictory. 

And like every 'perfect story', there was a downside. She may have regained her life, but not the memories she lived.

---------

I took a couple steps, enough just to be on her side, "Ate... Ok ka na? Nay...", I trailed off. If I was a flip top battler earlier, now I am like a toddler learning my first few words. There are a ton of words I wanted to say, a lot of thoughts I want to express; but one thing is holding me back, the confusion evident in her eyes. As if trying to recognize what happened, and who the fuck we were. As if she does not have memories.

And with the thought of being forgotten by her, I cried.

With a dry and sore throat, confusion and panic; Jelo tugged the IV hose and removed the oxygen in her nose. "Paki alis po neto, hindi ko kelangan to. Ano bang nangyari? Bakit ako nandito sa hospital? Sino kayo? Sino nag dala sa akin dito?" she asked in a raspy and tiny voice, giving us bewildered gazes, pointing each of us one by one. There, I cried harder.

"Ate, masamang biro yan. Ate naman eh, hahahahaha. Ano ka ba naman ate, para ka namang di tao." I said joking and fake laughing while tears are falling from my eyes. Still cannot believe the words that I heard. Delulu na kung delulu, denial na kung denial, pero hindi ko iintindihin ang mga nangyayari. Panaginip lang ito. Nag-jo-joke lang si ate.