Chapter 2

-Third Person POV-

Marjorie came back, inside the room. She swiftly went to Jelo's side, holding her hand. "Ate, gagawin ko lahat para maalala mo ako, kami. Jan ka lang, wag mo kami itutulak paalis ha?" she talked to her even though she was sleeping. She already set her whole self in dedicating her time with helping Jelo to remember everything.

While staring at Jelo, she remembers their conversation with Dra. Yanuaria.

-*-

"Based on the examinations and tests that we did on her, we concluded that she had amnesia from her trauma. The cognitive tests showed that the most recent that she can remember was two years before pandemic. Approximately her first year sa Junior High. She's living 7 years in the past. I'm assuming she met the three of you more recently?"

"Yes po Dra., nakilala niya po kaming tatlo just 3 years ago. Nung Grade 12 siya." Gerfred explained to the doctor.

"Well that explains that the first thing she felt when she woke up was estranged. You said you heard a loud thud just about when she woke up? That must be her instinct to throw things because she didn't recognized the two of you." Dra. Yanuaria sighed.

"Hindi madaling tulungan siyang mag-cope up, specially that she does not know anyone of you, wala siyang na-re-recognize kahit isa sa inyo. The process of this could be emotionally draining, especially kung sobrang close kayo sa kanya. It could also be physically tiring dahil magkakaroon at magkakaroon ng times na mag-re-relapse siya and possible na awayin niya kayo. The treatments and the process you choose to make her remember can cost you also, but since she has been an intern here at the hospital for a few months already and her performance has been great, the board has talked and decided that her treatments inside the hospital would be free of charge." The three thanked the doctor.

"Now, you need to decide how you would want to help her remember you, aside from the treatments here. We can only assure you that we will prevent further complications, and to treat the trauma injury she acquired. Occupational therapy isn't really fit for her condition since she only lost memories but not her understanding in general, in short nag-fa-function pa yung utak niya and still can take new information, di niya lang kayo maalala. I'm assuming the girl here lives with the patient? Kaya hindi niyo na din kailangan ng technological assistance with reminders for her and such. Unfortunately, there are no medication or supplements available that can magically make her remember everything." Dra. Yanuaria further explains, pausing every once in a while to pinpoint the brochure she handed out to the three of them about the available treatments and which are applicable with Jelo's current state.

"I'm going to leave you here to let you decide. I need to check my other patients. Goodluck." She then left the three of them with a tight smile hoping them the best.

-*-

After talking to the doctor, they decided to head out to the cafeteria to eat and talk there. Having placed their meals in the table, they sat down without talking or anything. They just sat there and stared at their food, blinking every now and then. It was as if, their mind went into a trance.

A while had past and the silence broke when Gerfred's phone rang. Written across the screen was Star's name. He reached for it and answered the phone, putting it in speaker. "Kuya nandito na ako sa hospital, nasan po kayo banda?" star's voice was heard.

"Nandito kami sa cafeteria ng hospital ading."

"Sige kuya, salamat po."

Star reached the cafeteria and saw the three of them, staring blankly at somewhere, nowhere rather. "Ano po 'ng nangyari sa kanya? Nagising naman po siguro siya noh? Strong independent selp being yun eh, sabi niya." She said, interposing an inside joke, one that Jelo originally says every time her mental health relapses.