Chapter 5

-Third Person POV-

"Hui, galing akong hospital pero hindi naman ako baldado." She stopped Jomar when he tried to sweep her into a bridal carry on their way inside the Apartment building. She finally got discharged after days or weeks of being at the hospital because of the incident. It's safe to say that she is in a better state now, her scars are already healing, and she has been in a better mood each day.

"Loko, di ko naman sinabing baldado ka. Wala kasing wheelchair, mahina ka pa. Baka galing ka ng Medically Induced Coma at lagnat, diba?" May point naman pala ang Jomar, pero OA pa rin yung bubuhatin.

"Kahit, kaya ko naman mag lakad. Pwede namang alalay lang." Jomar was supposed to keep on bantering with her when Raphael walked in the middle of the two after he gave his Car keys to the valet. Maluwang ang daan pero sa gitna talaga dumaan, bakit? Ang arte kasi nung dalawa. He was followed by Margarette, Jolever and Gerfred. They rode convoy. Raphael used his car while Jomar drove Jelo's car. Margarette, Gerfred, Jelo and Jomar on Jelo's Car; and Jolever, Raphael, Marjorie and Jayson on Raphael's Car.

Jayson slowed down and went to Jomar's side, tapping his shoulders before putting his hand on Jomar's arm, holding it as if his life depended on it. "Ako nalang buhatin mo bespren, I'm so tired and weak pa kasi eh." Pwede maging artista 'to. Mga Lala ng Dirty Linen ang level ng pag arti eh. Jomar pursed his lips and only shot glares to Jayson's way, lowkey threatening him to let go.

"Alluh, halika na nga ading. Baka tayo pa lumpuhin ni bespren." Jayson pulled Marjorie and walked fast, trying to catch up with the rest.

Raphael and the rest were laughing while watching what was happening from a distance. Para silang nanonood ng comedy sa sinehan, laughtrip naman kasi ang trip ni Jayson. After Jayson caught up with them, they continued their way to the elevator and left Jomar and Jelo knowing that they will take a while. Pareho kasing mataas ang pride. Kahit noon, pati sa pagbuhat ng isang ice paakyat pinag aagawan pa. Lagi pang litanya ay 'ito na nga lang natitira kong pride aagawin mo pa?'.

"Hahawak nalang ako sayo. Magpataasan pa tayo ng pride dito, baka mabulok na tayo dito." She tried to walk once while holding his biceps for support. Jomar was left with no choice and just held her by her waist to support her weight even more and started to walk.

-*-

"Paano pala studies niyo?" Raphael asked. They were in the kitchen at Jelo's apartment. Jelo and Jomar were the ones who are cooking. It was so bizarre for them to see Jelo cooking, most of the time she just lays and talks about how badly she wants to help but do otherwise because of her katamaran. Well, she really wasn't helping now. Ginugulo niya lang din mostly si Jomar.

"Ako Kuya, nag-enroll na po ako for online classes. Na-grant naman na po ng admin yung request and enrollment ko, kilala din naman po nila si Ate since siya po ang legal guardian ko dito." Marjorie answered. Her school knows Jelo already. She had attended all the meetings and events on behalf of Mara's parents.

"Tapos naman na ako sa thesis ko Kuya, wala pa naman po kaming schedule ng final defense pero ready naman na po." As a 4th year BS Agriculture student, Jomar's only responsibility as a student was his thesis and OJT Journal which he already finished. Ang talino naman, pang all-in-one. Vice-President ng Ili ti Vera State University's Executive Student Leaders Council at Ili ti Vera's Coordinator ng Supreme Student Leaders' Board of Coalition pa yan ng lagay na yan.

"Parehas lang din ako kay Jomar, Pres. Duties as Regent and Council Pres. nalang po ang inaasikaso ko. Pero kumpleto naman na po lahat ng documents for the remaining events ng University. For approval nalang and revision ang Karamihan, pero maayos na po." Gerfred is also a graduating student of Ili ti Vera State University under the program of BS Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. Raphael was their Council Adviser, it was a good thing that he, himself was a Council President for two consecutive terms.