4 • Ken (Ryan Gosling)

I sat, waiting. I just kept waiting.

Ken and Barbie were gone, on a journey to regain Barbies grip on reality, Ken had decided to go with her, cause they were friends but, he was my Ken so I waited, and waited for him to return.

Allan was good company, he was one of my best friends, never judging or unfair. He was placed next to me, sitting awkwardly but not because we were uncomfortable, that was just Allan for you. i stayed in my place, smiling, and Allan tries to move just his eyes to look at me but ends up turning his head instead, it was easier.

"Y/n?" I keep the smile on my face and look over at my friend, and he smiles awkwardly at me.

"Yes Allan?" i keep my eyes on him, awaiting his question with a bright smile.

"Don't you have something to do rather than wait for Ken?" He questions me, and i look at him confused, the lower half of my face left unwavering and i look forward again, towards the town.

"Ofcourse not! He's my Ken, why wouldn't i want to wait for him, Allan?" i smile outwardly and resume in staring, Allan follows my line of sight and furrows his eyebrows.

"Y/n you aren't even looking at anything"

"I know!" Allan sighs and stands up next to me, and he puts his hand on my shoulder and pauses for a second, closing and opening his mouth trying to get a word out but nothing comes out. He decides to give up and pats my shoulder again before walking away.

hours went by, and the sun over Barbie Land slowly set and my smile sunk with it, dissapointed that he was yet to return. Allan never came back and i was left in the thoughts of myself,

Girls Night! i had totally forgotten about girls night, so i rushed over to Barbies house and all of the girls were there and welcomed me, no matter the time.

Barbie walked over with a whole bin of nail polish and she sits in front of me on the couch, She smiles at me but i can only muster up a small one back at her.

"Girl! where have you been all day? we missed you so much!" Barbie takes out a light blue glass and taps it on her hand a few times before opening it, beginning to apply to the polish brush on my fingers. but the color wont show up unless i take an ice bath, i'll have to remember that later.

"Oh you know, busy me." Barbie looks at me with a raised eyebrow

"You were waiting for Ken weren't you." she laughs when my eyes widen and my face settles into a pout, she shakes her head at me

"How did you know." i say defeated, she shrugs and finishes my nails, blowing on my hand before grabbing them both in her hands, looking at me.

"Honey I know you like Ken, but don't spend so much time focusing on him, he'll be back soon and you won't have to worry anymore." i smile sadly and she leans in to give me a hug.

"Thanks Barbie," i smile into her shoulder and she rubs my back gently and leans back at me, he hand on my shoulders. She squeezes them before standing off taking her nail polish with her and going to talk to Barbie.

i sit in thought with myself, thinking about ken, trying not to think about Ken

I laid awake in my bed that night, unable to silence my brain.

_

Despite the small amounts of sleep i was given i still awake refreshed and excited for the day, a day where i wouldn't wait on Ken! Like Barbie said he gets back when he gets back.

So i dressed chic, per usual, fashionable as ever and set out to find Allan!

He was where I thought he would be, with all the other Kens trying to fit in, though as he revealed that he hates most of those Kens with a passion just doesn't let it on.

I was sitting with him and Ken when a car horn blared through the beach.

all of our heads turn to the pink Cadillac driving through the sand of the beach, all the Kens start to yell as they see that it's Ken driving the car, my smile got wider and i turned excitedly to Allan, who kept a flat face and showed no emotion towards the Ken.

Ken gets out of the car but he moves to his trunk probably grabbing his rollerblades, all of the Kens look over at me and smile, holding their arms out in a gesture of 'you go first'. I smile even more then i was before, my face was hurting so much i was smiling so wide.

My feet moved on their own and i started making my way towards Ken, who was smiling at me and carrying a load of things in his arms. Ken and I were only about a foot away when i tried to start talking,

but i couldn't get a word out,

cause Ken walked right past me.

i stopped, confused, a smile still on my face. He must be joking right? Kens always joking thats so funny?

"Guys you have no idea what i found out in the human world!" Ken started to loudly talk to all of his friends, and my smile faded as i truly felt disappointment.

Allan takes notice right away and doesn't care for Kens ranting, coming over to me and walking me away from Ken as i stand with a frown on my face.

Allan and i walked for who knows long, but he felt as if he couldn't help me so he took me home.

We both stood in front of my dream house, but something was so off about it. There were horses and random peices of workout equipment everywhere.

I walk into my house, not bothering to knock, because it is my house. Ken, who sits in my living room, on my couch, dressed in a fur coat stands up from the couch and looks at me. His smile on his face grows and i frown slightly.

"Y/n! Just the person i wanted to see!" he puts his hands on his hips showing off his muscles and i furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Ken...why are you in my dream house." i look around at what hes done to the place, slightly disgusted.

"Because its not yours anymore! this is my mojo dojo casa house!" i look at him shocked.

"What?"

"This is my house now, but!" he makes his way over to me and grabs my hands "Because you're like my girlfriend you can stay here with me!" Ken says excitedly. i look down at our hands together

my eyes look up at him with a shining like stars inside of them

"With you?" i say, quietly and his smile widens even more and he nods enthusiastically.

"Yes! with me it'll be perfect Y/n!" I smile at him.

"Ok.." He cheers at me and brings me into a hug, he pulls away from me and leads me to sit on his brand new leather couch and sets me down on it. i watch as he sits next to and turns on the Godfather. Ken leans back and puts his arm around my shoulder as we both watch this movie. I couldnt really understand what was happening but Ken looked so happy watching it.

The door of the Mojo Dojo Casa House rings and Ken stands up to go answer it, i lean backwards to try and get a glimpse of who was at the door. And i see Kens Black hair and muscular build, the boys both start talking and i listen in.

"Me and the guys are going to go play volleyball, you down?" Ken Asks

"Hi Ken!" i yell from the couch which is slightly out of vision of the door, they both pause upon hearing my voice

"Hi...? Ken whos over there i cant see" Ken turns back to look at me

"Oh, it's just Y/n." he looks back at Ken and picks up with swim trunks and sandals "Yeah lets go."

i sit watching, confused as i hear the door open and close.

Just Y/N?

i feel my heart break inside on my chest

just Y/n....