04

04 — don't say anything

you and cyno were welcomed with silence as the only talkative person, nilou, left the room.

clearing your throat, "uhm, will you do it or i will? actually no— that's a stupid question to ask, i'll just do—" a makeup brush was pushed up on the side of your cheek.

scorching red-orangey eyes glaring into yours, which made you flinch slightly. "i'll do it." cyno says, removing the brush off your cheek and applying foundation on it.

'jeez okay.' you rolled your eyes as you watch him dab the makeup brush on the foundation's container. he surprisingly knew what he was doing, but it wasn't like he was a professional or anything, he's just aware of the basics.

does he put on makeup himself? or maybe he has a sibling? nevermind that.

"are you friends with nilou?" you striked up a question at him, not wanting the atmosphere to be this quiet. "yes." he plainly answered, no added words or anything.

"what was your first impression of her? for me, she was quite shy but friendly the first time i met her. now, she's somebody who i would talk to 24/7." you asked another question relating to the current topic, and grinning at the thought of each memory you recently shared with your best friend, nilou.

"well, she's like an open book, especially whenever she's feeling anxious at one moment. she has to worry about her-shelf all the time." he replied, muttering the last part under his breath.

hoping that you did not hear, but you probably most likely did due to how close he had to get to apply the makeup onto your face.

"..."

"did you just say a pun?" you squinted your eyes at him as he paused and stared at you intensely.

"no." cyno's response was too quick as if he was the thunder after the lightning struck during a storm. "ha, you definitely did!" you retorted back at him with a grin that spread across your face.

"quiet, before i dab the makeup brush everywhere like a broom." he threatened you, preparing to apply foundation again.

"ok, ok." cyno was a tiny bit glad that you finally kept your mouth shut, not that your voice was annoying, he just didn't want to continue the conversation about him saying a pun without thinking.

'why did i even say that?' cyno thought in his head, resisting the urge to let out his anger on the brush he was pressing onto your face.

"how did you know how to do the basic makeup stuff?" you spoke after the short time of consistent silence between the two of you.

"didn't i tell you to be quiet to be able to get this done quicker?" he grumbled, grabbing a tissue to wipe all the unnecessary spots on your face from the makeup product. "my friend did." yet he still answered your question.

"you still answered my question, hehe." you proudly smirked at him, which he deadpanned to. he continued to focus on getting the base of your face finished before the makeup artist and nilou arrived at the scene.

as if his thoughts were heard, nilou burst open the door, the makeup artist behind her, holding her belongings. except for the fact that he didn't get to finish the work he was doing, he was nearly finished, cyno grew annoyed.

"help has arrived!" the female manager shrieked out. the male put a single finger between his lips to send a reminder to nilou that it is to have an inside voice at most times when inside the building.

"ahem. you may leave now cyno. tha—" you turned to cyno but you were interrupted by a someone pushing you back to the seat you were on earlier.

"ah, ah! there is no more time for chit-chatting!" the makeup artist scolded, putting out the products out of the pouch she brought with her. cyno took one last glance at the threw before leaving the room.

'why did so many people cut me off today??' you thought, replaying the scene between you and cyno debating whoever gets to do the foundation on your face, obviously you knew it was him since he was requested by nilou.

"such a pretty bodyguard you have there, ms. [name]."

debating whether you should reply to her statement or not, you pretended to seem like you were about to say something back, leaving your mouth slight agaped.

seeing you about to respond by looking at you by the vanity mirror, she continued to speak. "my apologies, i forgot to introduce myself. the name's eira. it's a pleasure to be your makeup artist for today." a friendly aura laced in her tone.

"it's a pleasure to meet you as well." you exchanged pleasantries with her. the two had a small conversation, slow but they're warming up. nilou had to leave the room for a bit due to an immediate meeting.

it was great that she was your manager but she had a lot of duties ahead of her for owning the role.

"hey, do you have that pretty bodyguard's number?" eira questioned you out of the blue. you furrowed your brows at the question.

"why? stop talking about him." you ordered. the makeup artist was definitely not the type to react violently, though her kind aura darkened. keeping a small smirk on her face, she began to continue on.

"why not? he's fucking pretty. why else would i not talk about someone being pretty?"

"let's keep the talking down so you would be able to leave for home later.." you concluded. however, it didn't seem to take a toll on her.

[name] didn't know whether to get angry and take action or fully ignore it and change the current conversation topic.