Chapter 41

Lucas's pov

She is in a coma and no one can tell when she will wake up. But the good thing is she is here and alive.

Ugh. I'm so tired. Valeria has been in a coma for a week and I am with her all the time. I'm just eating and showering in our apartment, then I come back to her.

I've been talking to her for a week and the first few days I cried myself to exhaustion. According to the doctors, Valeria's condition has improved and it is likely that she will wake up soon. This is the only reason I have finally stopped crying.

Onyx has been in his own world, but I can feel how depressed he is about our mates condition. He just hopes that Valeria will wake up soon.

I sighed deeply and looked at Valeria. She's going to be so pissed when she wakes up and finds out that Evelyn was involved in a plot to kill her.

Evelyn, what the hell am I supposed to do with her.. She's my friend, or at least she was. As much as I want to kill her, I don't think I could. I give that decision for Valeria when she wakes up. Same goes for Alpha James, that asshole. I could happily tear him to pieces.

"Are you done with your dark thoughts yet?" A faint whisper could be heard from beside me.

My gaze snapped on Valeria, she was wide awake and looking at me. I jumped up from the bench and studied her.

"Valeria! Oh my god you are finally awake! Do you need something? Are you in pain?" I asked, trying to stop my voice from shaking.

"Water.." She whispered again and I hurried to get her a glass of water. I went back to her side and just watched her.

"Thank you." She let out a contented sigh. I couldn't take it anymore, all the guilt and pain took over me when I looked at her. I finally burst into tears again.

"I'm sorry Valeria! I failed as your mate. This is all my fault! I'm a bad mate and I don't deserve you.." A cry escaped my mouth.

"Lucas.." Valeria tried to interrupt me but I continued

"I should have believed in you! You are so strong.. You saved our pack at the risk of your own life. You died.. You were dead in my arms, I felt our bond break.. I'm so sorry!" I took her hand, kissed her knuckles and cried.

Valeria's pov

I watched Lucas break down in front of me and my heart broke for him. I can't even imagine the pain he had to experience because of my death. But I'm here now and it's time to make things right.

"Lucas, come here." I told him and made room for him on the bed. He looked at me with teary eyes and it looked like he was ready to argue with me.

"Now." I ordered.

Lucas reluctantly crawled into bed with me, buried his head in my neck and hugged me carefully. He inhaled my scent and started shaking.

"Shh Lucas, everything is fine now." I whispered to him and he started sobbing. He mumbled how sorry he was and how terrible it was to lose me. I hugged him harder and waited until he calmed down.

After a while Lucas stopped sobbing but didn't lift his head from my neck. I stroked his back and sniffed his hair.

"Mate smells really good."

A voice I didn't think I'd hear again purred in my mind and I let out a loud gasp. Lucas sat down and started to fuss around me, thinking that something was wrong. I couldn't focus on him at all because my eyes filled with tears.

"Opal?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, the one and only." Opal answered and I could hear amusement in her voice.

"How? I don't' understand.."

"I'll tell you later, can you focus on our mate? Lucas looks like a nervous wreck." Opal giggled.

I ended the mindlink and looked at Lucas' worried face.

"She's back." I whispered because I didn't trust my voice.

"What? Who is back?" Lucas asked.

"Opal. She has returned to me." I smiled widely and tears of happiness ran down my face.

"What!? Valeria, it's great! Ouch! Onyx jumps in my mind so much that my head starts to hurt." Lucas laughed and hugged me.

We let Opal and Onyx take control so they can chat. Both are looking forward to seeing their true forms. This warmed my heart because now we are whole.

Soon my family and friends also rushed into the room and everyone was talking at the same time.

"Okay, okay. I know this is crazy and all, but let's talk about it later. Now I have to tell you all what happened after I died." Lucas winced when I mentioned my death so I took his hand.

I told them all about the meeting with the Moon Goddess and what was going to happen now. Everyone was in shock except my family. In the end it was Liam who broke the silence.

"You are a queen!" He exclaimed and bowed to me.

"That's me. Stand up Liam, I'm still the same Valeria as before and I don't need a separate title or bows. They are not my thing." I said and smiled at everyone.

"Why don't we go and sort out this mess." I said.

"Hell yeah!" Opal exclaimed and I had to laugh at my silly wolf. My wolf, my other half..

I'm so happy.