Chapter 42 - Epilogue

Valeria's pov

I can't believe I've been queen for a couple of months already! Finally, everything has started to go well and we live in a peaceful time. Let me tell you what this time has contained.

When I woke up from my coma, the first thing we had to do was deal with the traitors. I knew that it was difficult for Lucas to decide Evelyn's fate. I wanted so badly to break her neck, but I knew it wasn't the right way.

I ordered her to leave the pack and find her own mate and she no longer has anything to do with our pack. I picked two warriors and they left with her and together they should go around to other packs.

Oh, and of course I did beat her sorry ass when I got out of the hospital, in a fair match of course. She knew to expect it.

Then Alpha James, he was very surprised to find me behind his door. With Selene's help, we stripped him of his Alpha title and demoted him and his wolf to omega. He is currently working as a kitchen assistant in a prison for supernatural races.

Of course he didn't agree to this easily, but he is an omega now so he was too weak to fight us. He does his job and in his spare time he is still being watched.

Selene also kept her promise and informed the entire werewolf race of the new queen and how I was going to rule them.

Fortunately, all the Alphas were happy with the decision to keep the leadership of the packs under their control. They swore their allegiance to me and to Lucas who is now king.

We have expanded the borders of the pack and started building more places to live, as well as stepped up guarding the borders.

Lucas decided to change the name of the pack to Silver Dagger pack. I had to roll my eyes because according to him the name brings honor to the battle where I used the daggers given by Nathan.

Many rogues have started approaching us looking for a new home. With my ability, I can see what kind of intentions they have, so we help those whose intentions are right and really need help.

As for me and Lucas, everything is fine. Of course I was angry with him, but I can't fight about the past anymore. Now is the time to focus on the future.

Speaking of the future..

"Lucas!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"This is going to be fun." Opal grinned in my mind.

Lucas soon rushed into the room worried.

"Baby what's wrong!?" Lucas pant.

"Don't call me that. I'm not your baby anymore." I pretended to be annoyed and turned my back on him while trying to suppress my smile.

"What? Ba- Valeria what's wrong? Tell me and I'll fix it." He sounded alarmed.

"There is nothing to fix." I said coldly and threw the package at him.

"W-what is this? Lucas asked nervously.

"Open it." I answered and waited for his reaction.

I noticed how his hands were shaking a little and I almost felt sorry for him because of my prank. Lucas opened the package, looked there, then looked at me. He looked inside the package again and I couldn't hold back my smile anymore.

Lucas removed the pregnancy test from the package and looked at me again.

"You are pregnant?" He asked, confused.

I laughed and nodded. I watched as a wide smile appeared on his face and his eyes lit up.

"You are pregnant! I will become a dad!" Lucas shouted so loud that everyone probably heard. Then he rushed over to me and lifted me into the air.

I laughed loudly and wrapped my legs around his waist after which I kissed him passionately.

"You are a mean woman Valeria. We almost had a heart attack." Lucas said mid kiss, his eyes flashing gold.

"Sorry guys, we couldn't resist the temptation." I answered and Opal flashed her own eyes as well.

That same evening I lay on the bed and listened to Lucas' steady breathing. I looked at Nathan's picture on the bedside table and thought about my life. Of course, I would love to have my lost friends back, but I have peace when I know they are together and in a good place.

But finally everything is fine. I am finally whole, happy and my life has a new purpose.

I'm not broken anymore.

I'm the queen.

---------------------

AN: So this story is now finished, I'm so glad I actually got the whole story written. The epilogue is quite condensed, I wanted to finish this story because I already have a new idea in my mind ✨

To those of you who found my story and gave it a chance, I want to say thank you ❤️
I hope you will also take a look at my other story when I start writing it.

Bye!

-SJ-