Chapter Fourteen

KATNISS FELT HERSELF BEING SHAKEN AS SHE WOKE UP. Gale stood above her with a grin. His bright blue eyes freaked her out. "Rise and shine, Katnip."

The Mockingjay blinked a few times before sitting up. She looked around and remembered where she was. She was on a mission to take down the Capitol once and for all. Today was the day.

"Boggs wants to speak to you," Gale told her before giving her space.

Katniss got up, dusted off her clothes, grabbed her bow, and headed to Boggs. He was standing in the open area outside of their hideout. "You wanted to see me?"

"Ah, good morning," Boggs said to her. His dark skin shined in the sun. "Yes, I wanted to speak to you about Peeta."

"You're worried he'll try to kill me, aren't you?" Katniss questioned. Boggs shook his head.

"No, I wanted to ask you how you felt, actually."

"Well if he tries to kill me, like I said I'll kill the Capitol Mutt."

"Peeta is still in there," he told her. "But I wanted to ask you something private about Alma Coin."

"You think she sent him here to kill me?"

Boggs was quiet.

"You really think that?" The Mockingjay was flabbergaststed.

"Let's just say I wouldn't put it past her. Look, this war is going to come to an end one way or another. They promised a free election; maybe she's starting to see you as a threat."

Katniss listened to his words. Piecing together the hidden meaning.

"Nobody would think I'd be a leader," she said with a head shake.

Boggs chuckled slightly, "You're leading a war. But you're throwing your support somewhere, would it be her?" Katniss paused. "If your immediate answer isn't yes then you're dangerous. You're a threat to her. She doesn't need you as a rally and cry anymore. Those can be done without you. She's got Wren and Cato on that other mission to uncover more and turn Panem against Snow. There's just one thing you can do to add more fire to this rebellion."

"Die."

"That's not going to happen under my watch, Katniss."

"Why?" Katniss asked. "You don't owe me anything."

"Because you've earned it."

Katniss and Boggs walked back over to the main group. Glimmer and Marvel were still asleep. Clove was on watch with Finch while William slept next to Finnick. Peeta was snoring away with the cuffs still firmly on his wrists.

"He's dangerous, you know," Gale said as he crept up behind Katniss. Katniss whipped around.

"He wasn't before," she murmured.

"I don't trust him. Never did," Gale told her.

"Why's that? You never knew him."

"I can tell."

Katniss narrowed her eyes. Gale's eyes flared with jealousy. "You're jealous of him, aren't you?" She asked.

Gale's jaw fell open. "What? No!"

"Yes, you are. That's why you've been acting like such as ass."

"If you two don't shut up I'll kill you both," Glimmer snapped with her eyes still closed and her head still against Marvel's chest.

Katniss felt her lips seal as she didn't want to piss her off anymore. Gale however continued.

"I'm not fucking jealous."