Chapter Six

WREN SCREAMED AS SHE HIT THE GLASS WALL WITH HER FISTS. The white suit they put her in clung to her body. The latex material represented that she was, and would remain, property of the Capitol. Her hair was falling in her face as she continued to slam her body into the glass. She had been in the Capitol for a few days now. "Let me fucking kill him! You hear me Snow! I'll kill you myself!"

The camera zoomed in on her. Her tantrum not going unnoticed. The blinking red light caught her eye. She narrowed her hazel eyes at the camera. "Send him down here!" She screamed.

President Snow watched her from the comfort of his office. He interlaced his fingers on his lap. His granddaughter stood beside him.

"Grandpa," she said softly, "why is the pretty girl upset?"

"Because my dear, she has committed one of the worst crimes in the Capitol," he told her. He looked at his granddaughter's hair. It was in the braid of the Mockingjay. "Treason, my dear. And take that braid out of your hair. Katniss Everdeen has committed that very crime as well."

She slowly started to remove the braid. Her saddened eyes were locked on Wren as she continued to hit the glass wall.

Snow cleared his throat before calling a peacekeeper over. "Send in two for Mrs. Hadley. Let us show her a warm welcome to the Capitol."

"Right away sir," said the peacekeeper.

Wren glared at the two people decked out in white suits similar to hers. When they charged at her she screamed. "No! No!"

They never let go. They dragged her all the way to a secluded room. They sat her in a chair. Her hair fanned around her face as her eyes followed them. She felt them place some cold against each of her temples.

An intercom broke the silence. "100, please," said someone.

Wren screamed as she felt a jolt through her head. They had electrocuted her. Her vision blurred slightly.

"Stop it," she said.

"We have other forms of torture, Mrs. Hadley," said a peacekeeper.

"Fine," she slurred, "bring it on."

The peacekeeper held up a baton as the other unbuckled her from the chair. She felt her body being moved to the floor. She couldn't stand. The baton came down on her right leg. She teared up.

"Is that all you got? You hit like my brother."

Another hit, on the same spot, cause her to gasp.

"Weak," she spat at the peacekeeper. "You're weak. You follow him."

A slap echoed throughout the room. Her face stung. She spat out a few drops of blood into the white tile.

"Yeah," she said with a scarlet smile, "you're weak."

Another hit occurred and Wren's unconscious body laid on the floor. The peacekeeper dragged her back to her cell. They'd break her just like they broke the others. It was only a matter of time before they did.

...

President Snow sat across from Caesar Flickermann. 

The normally vibrant guy was dull that day. His hair was a darker lilac, his eyes sad, and his heart heavy. As he sat across from his President he knew he would have to lie to the country for the last time. He felt it in his bones. 

"I am preparing Mrs. Hadley from an interview to call off the war that is occurring," said Snow. 

"Mrs. Hadley?" Caesar asked a smile was hidden in his voice. "They got married?"