𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐲? | ☆

Chapter One | Both POVs

↳ ❝Mickey?❞ | ♤

✧. ┊ "She's My Collar" by Gorillaz ft. Kali Uchis

I played with the multicolored rigid cube as I sat on my bed

I played with the multicolored rigid cube as I sat on my bed.  My Marvel coloring books were spread out on my blue comforter. It was quite cold so I put on my fuzzy socks. I hummed the melody to the song that played on my speaker.

My birthday is coming soon and I'm very excited. I want a Marvel-themed party. But not many people are coming. Just my sister, my brother, and my stuffies. I bought them birthday hats and fancy clothes to wear. It's always like that. But I don't mind. More cake for me. I love sweets.

I don't really have friends. But it's okay. Val said that it's okay not to have friends. That one day I'll find my forever friend.

Valerie—my sister—was getting ready to go to the store. I wanted to come with her to get snacks so I waited patiently on my bed. My older brother Ryan was at work. I'm the youngest of my siblings. I'm 18 and my sister is 20 and my brother is 22.

I had on my brown overalls with a beige 'be kind' shirt and my black Converse sat on the floor beside my bed. My tote bag was laying on my bed with my camera and my headphones with my coloring book and coloring pencils.

I also carry my notepad to communicate with people if I have to. I'm not good at talking to people. I barely talk to my sister and brother. People say that I'm autistic or a mute but I really don't know what's wrong with me. I just get my words out sometimes.

People call me weird for liking kid shows or coloring or playing with my stuffies. I just find comfort in that kind of stuff. I research stuff like that and there's something like that called MDLB. I don't know what's really wrong with me but I don't think I can help it.

My sister walked into my room. "Are you ready, Theodore?" I nodded and slid off my bed. I'm not that tall. I'm about 5'5. So I'm not tall but not that short either. But compared to my brother I'm short. I sat on the floor and tried putting my shoe on.

"Dory, can you pick up your colors please?" She's been calling me Dory since I was little. Probably because I love Finding Nemo and Finding Dory.

I huffed and stomped my foot trying to put my foot in my shoes. I whined as I held up my shoe to her asking her for help. "Say 'help'. Can you say help, Dory?" I opened my mouth making the 'h' sound but my throat burned and clogged up. That always happens.

"It's okay, buddy." She opened my shoes and helped me put my feet in. She grabbed my hands helping me stand up.

"Y'know Ryan isn't here so he can't carry you when you get tired. Are you sure you want to come?" I nodded, making my hair fall. I have some little colorful clips in that I really like. They look pretty and colorful. She nodded and grabbed my beanie and put it in my head sadly. It covered my clip. and gave me my jacket.