Dominik • Self-Harm

Alternate Title: you've got me here just feeling so damn helpless
Description: Dominik Mysterio self-harms and tries to keep it hidden from the others.
Tags: Canon Compliant, Self-Harm, Suicide Attempt, References to Depression, Canon-Typical Violence, Fluff and Hurt/Comfort, Mature Language

•••

Shit. Shit, shit, shit.

Dominik hadn't meant to go so deep. He was only trying to make the smallest bit of blood come out of his already abused skin. But he got distracted, and now there's a stream of blood dripping from his thigh and onto the locker room floor. His blade shakes in his hand as he watches blood gush from the fresh wounds on his leg, satisfaction and sadness rivaling for dominance.

He curses himself as he sets the blade back into his locker and takes out a towel. He wipes the blood from his leg before cleaning up the tiled floor, getting rid of all remnants of his continued failure. Once he is satisfied, he shoves the bloodied towel into his backpack and takes out the gauze and bandages. He covers the still slightly bleeding cuts before stepping into his black joggers. He had already showered prior to reaching for his blade.

"Hey, Dom?" Finn's voice calls, walking into the almost deserted locker room. "Where are you at?"

Dominik quickly looks around himself to make sure there is no evidence of his weakness before calling back to his fellow faction member. "Over here!"

Finn comes into view then, eyes surveying the clearly disgruntled boy before him. "Everything alright?" he asks with suspicion leaking from his voice.

Dominik finishes pulling his tank top down his body before responding. "Yeah, I'm good. Just lost track of time in the shower is all."

Finn nods, accepting the reasoning. "Well, the last bus to the hotel is about to leave, so I recommend hurrying up a bit unless you want to walk all the way there."

Dominik looks to the wall on the farthest side of the locker room and sees that he has been in here for nearly an hour, well past the ending of tonight's show. He winces at his idiocy. Not only did he relapse after only a week, but he nearly missed his only way back to the hotel. Sure, he could get an Uber, but those things usually aren't the best for people in his situation. Besides, he worried Finn, and with that the other members of The Judgment Day.

Finn, clearly noticing the anxiety riddling his youngest member, sighs. "Come on. If we hurry, we'll make it."

Dominik nods mutely while placing his backpack on his shoulders and grabbing his phone from the ledge of his locker. He is about to shut the door when Finn grabs his arm roughly, preventing him from reaching its destination. He is about to demand the reasoning when he suddenly sees the matter: the bloodied towel has been shifted to show the fresh red liquid marking its usually white presence.

"Dom," Finn starts, "what's that?"

Dominik's eyes move from the towel to Finn before he shoves the offending arm off of him. He slams the door before Finn can see anything more. "Time is ticking," he says, walking past Finn.

"Dominik." The domineering tone has him halting in his tracks. "What. Was. That." It's not a question anymore, but a demand.

Dominik feels the tears beginning to form but he pushes them down. He will not be found out. His deadbeat father already knows about his self-harm, and he definitely doesn't want anyone else, his friends especially, to know. His mind races for a second before coming up with an adequate excuse.