Ghostface formally returns

The three of us sat at the table tiredly. Tara rested her head on the table as I rub her back gently, the way my mother used to. We heard the door open and we immediately straightened our posture. The way one would only do when around a person of the law.

I let out a yawn as Bailey sat down with a grin look on his face. I had only just realized how tired I truly was, it must've been maybe 1 or 2 in the morning. "This was found next to the body at the apartment crime scene." Officer Bailey picked up a bag and showed us a ghostface mask, placing it in front of me on the table. "DNA says that it belonged to someone named Richie Kirsch." Tara and me gave a grim look to one another. Sam gave a look to officer Bailey that seemed as though her stomach dropped.

"Does that ring a bell?" Officer Bailey said, noticing our reactions to the name. Tara and I looked at Sam, "we're familiar with him." Sam said level headedly, Richie had always been a sort of sore subject after the whole, "him willing to kill her" vibe happened. "But the one that attacked us had a different mask on." Tara said, I gave a nod, remembering the scene. "It was kind of more beat up. Like it was older."

"Uh.." officer Bailey said, touching his face. "I got to ask... do you have alibis for earlier tonight?" I interrupted Tara and said, "me and Tara were at a party with her friends, I was hanging out with a few of my own friends as well, we also got ready before that with Quinn being our alibi." "I was at my therapist's"  Sam said with a sigh. "I can give you his information. You can call to check if you want. And then I met Tara at that party. Where I tased someone." I had to stifle back my laughter when I saw the look Bailey gave to tara after saying that.
"...unrelated."

Bailey let out a sigh, "was that before or after this happened?" Bailey showed the video of me beating up the little bitch and her friend calling Sam a murder, I think you know the rest. "Before."   "The point is, we were with people all night."  Tara said, clearly tired and annoyed. "So, our roommate's dad just happened to pull our case." Sam said skeptical of the whole situation.

"That'd be a crazy coincidence, right?"-"Yeah." Sam and I said- "The detective who had the case, he offered it to me because it involves Quinn. I'm, but I can totally give it back if you're uncomfortable. It's up to you." I look at Tara skeptical and then back at Sam. "It's fine." Sam said with a note of finality. "So if the man who attacked you did steal your license and plant it next to the body, it'd probably be somebody close to you."

My first thought was Quinn, I never fully trusted her. Yeah she's funny and cool, but still I had a weird feeling about her. "How long have you known your friends?" "Well, we moved here with Mindy and chad for summer semester, like, 6 months ago, and we know them well during the whole.. you know." I say thinking hard about who the killers could be. "So, Quinn, I'm, Ethan, Anika all since then." Tara finished. "I think I can vouch for Quinn, so that's one less we have to worry about." Tara and I shared a skeptical look and I look back at officer Bailey.

"Do any of you have anyone that might want to target you?" "Not anyone who's still alive." I give a small, tired, chuckle at Tara's response and I look up at Bailey, "I tried to pride myself into not getting into relationships where people would want to kill me." I say calmly, "yikes." Officer said as the door opened. "FBI's here, claiming jurisdiction." "Where are they?" Bailey stood up and another cop showed him where, closing the door.

Sam's let's put a annoyed sigh, Tara messaged her temples, and I roll my head back and let out a frustrated grunt. "Why the hell is this taking so long? I mean we were fucking attacked for christs sake." I say as I pace the room. "They just want to get the fakes and everything set up, make sure they haven't missed anything." Sam said tiredly as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Well fuck them, i say we leave." I say walking toward the door. "No Hannah sit back down, we can't leave it'll make us look suspicious." Tara said looking at me. I let out curses under my breath, "fuck it." Tara said, she stood up and we both left the room, Sam quickly followed and cursed us silently.