Chapter 2

Disclaimer-I do not own Death Note only my OC's and her story plot

Enjoy

****************************************************************

I was currently standing in an office which belonged to Watari. He was currently going to retrieve my new room mate. I didn't really care who my room mate was as long as she/he was quiet and at least somewhat nice. I had been waiting for about five minutes so far and Watari still wasn't back. I suppose the building was rather large or it could just be that the kid was stubborn. I was hoping for the first option considering if it was the latter, the kid might be one of those talkative types with egos.

About two minutes later Watari finally returned with a teenager behind his back who had messy raven hair, bad posture, and bags under his eyes. I'm rooming with a teenager? I tilted my head at them trying to figure out why Watari would put me with a teenager instead of with someone around my own age. There was a chance that this orphanage organized it to where people with similar intellectual skill roomed with each other. There was also the possibility that his room was the only one that wasn't filled, but that was highly unlikely considering the size of the building.

"Ruin, this is L." Watari introduced breaking me out of my thoughts and causing me to visibly freeze for a second.

Watari didn't seem to notice, but the L character did. His eyes became slightly curious when he looked at me. Of course, my room mate just had to have that name. Tch, this is just my luck.

"Pleased to meet you." I told him with my blank stare none the less.

"Pleased to meet you as well." He told me with a monotone voice equal to mine.

"Ruin, if you follow L he will show to your new room you will share with him." Watari spoke to me causing me to look at him and nod.

"Follow me." L told me as he walked out of the office with me following in silence.

We walked for about a minute and a half in silence before L surprisingly broke the silence.

"Why did you freeze when you heard my name?" He asked.

"That is none of your concern." I told him.

"I would say that you used to know someone with the same name as mine." L guessed.

"If you already had that figured out then why would you ask?" I asked him.

"Simply to confirm my theory." He said before we went back into the deep silence.

We walked for about another minute or two before we stopped in front of a door which I assumed was his and now my room. The bathroom was across the entrance to the door as well.

"We're here." L spoke before opening the door.

When we walked in, I noticed straight away how plain the room was. The walls were a plain white. There were two beds in the far corners of the room with a window over the one on the right. The bedspreads were a light gray and each bed had a black nightstand and desk next to them. On each of the desks were a laptop. Hmm, that could come in handy for research.

"Your bed is the one on the right as well as the nightstand, desk, and laptop." L told me as he headed over to his desk and opened his laptop while sitting in the same position I normally sit in, so this was who Watari was talking about.

"Thank you." I replied as I went over to my bed and sat in my normal position, looking out the window as I currently did not wish to do anything.

"Hmm, by the way, the schedule for meals should be in your desk." He said without even looking at me as he was to busy focusing on his computer.