your little eyelids flutter cause youre dreaming.

BY THE TIME wilbur had finished what he had needed to do, it was already gone past his sisters bedtime meaning the visit to his mother's house would be quite literally pointless.

however, he remembered the promise he had made to arabella and knew he couldn't break that so he changed into some comfier clothes, and jumped in the car and started his journey to his parent's.

wilbur was right to assume that his sister would already be asleep, as he walked in to her room to find her flat out in her bed. however as he went to leave, a tiny hand grabbed on to his and asked him to sing for her.

so he did. he grabbed his spare guitar that he kept at his mum's for situations exactly like this and started singing softly to her, watching as her eyes fluttered shut as she fell back into her sleep.

he tucked arabella in, putting her blanket back over her and kissing the top of her head before leaving the room and shutting the door gently behind him, careful not to wake her up.

he walked around the house before coming to the conclusion that his mother had already gone to bed as she was nowhere to be found throughout the entire house so he sat down on the sofa and scrolled through all the notifications he had missed that day, many being off of tommy with just useless spam messages.

he went though them all anyway, though. eventually finding one that says "join vc when you see this!" so he opened up discord and found the call tommy was on about.

the vc contained tommy, quackity, philza and ranboo. he turned his phone volume down before joining the vc and instantly being met with "who just joined?".

"wilbur!" tommy exclaimed, "took you long enough!" he said jokingly. "sorry toms, im at my mum's" wilbur replied quieter than usual.

"don't worry about it man, i'm just playing around. we wanted to talk to you about something." the blonde said, suddenly getting unsettlingly serious. "uh— okay?"

"you haven't seemed like yourself recently, wil. we're kind of worried." he said, sounding genuinely concerned. "oh—" wilbur started.

"i'm sorry, i've been stressed cause of my tour— hold on, are you okay?" he said seemingly to someone in the background.

"thought i heard talking in here, didn't think you'd show up so late!" an older woman's voice sounded in the background. "yeah, i got distracted with sorting things out i didn't realise how late it was, and i knew she'd probably already be asleep but i made a promise and i couldn't break it" he smiled.

"are you staying over?" the woman asked gently, "is that alright?" he responded sheepishly.

"of course wil, you're always welcome here." she grinned. "thankyou mum, love you, goodnight" he said softly. "if arabella wakes up before me, will you look after her please?" the woman asked, making all of the people on call confused.

"always." wilbur replied. "goodnight son. i love you" she said warmly. "love you." wilbur responded, watching as she walked away.

"sorry about that—" wilbur laughed awkwardly. "you're so respectful to your mom, you're so lovely wilbur." a voice sounded. "oh shutup, quackity" he said, embarrassed.

"hey wil?" tommy said, sounding confused. "yeah? what's up?" the older responded. "who's arabella?" he questioned as wilbur froze. "what?" he asked nervously.

"your mum mentioned something about will you look after arabella if she wakes up before her, and i know your whole family and an arabella has never come up. who is she?" tommy seemed so genuinely confused and interested but wilbur quickly grew defensive.

"it's no one tommy, don't mention it." he said, sounding a mixture of annoyed and scared. "cmon wil, i just want to know!" tommy was super intrigued if that want noticeable. "i said it's fucking no one, alright?" wilbur said angrily before leaving the call.