id give all i have, honey

IT WAS LONG past arabella's bedtime as tommy and wilbur sat awake, mindlessly chatting away having lost track of the time hours ago.

the two were discussing upcoming streams and video ideas when tommy's face dropped into a hesitant smile, not knowing if he should voice the question that was spiralling in his head or if he should leave it.

his options were ruled out once wilbur glanced towards the blonde, immediately noticing the way the blonde was having a silent argument with himself, his face quickly contorting into one of concert.

"what're you thinking about?" the older questioned. "what do you mean?" the blonde said, confused as he looked back towards wilbur.

"you've got that face on, the one where you're debating whether or not to tell me something." the brunette pointed out, as tommy sighed in response.

"i'm just wondering something," he confessed, darting his eyes around the room. "wondering what?" the other pushed, urging the blue eyed boy to continue.

"about if you'd ever let people know about ara." he muttered, afraid it'd cause wilbur to lash out. however, he only sighed, thinking of how to put his next words.

"see tom, there's bad, and then there's horrible. and unfortunately, twitter is the latter," he started, voice sounding strangely calm.

"if twitter was nicer, sure, i'd tell people. but, it's not." he continued, watching as tommy nodded his head, understanding.

"i'd give all i have, in order to keep her safe, even if that means i have to hide her from everyone." he finished, not really knowing if the words he was speaking even made sense.

"but, people are going to find out one way or another, wil." the younger said, watching as wilbur's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"i mean, what happens when everyone decides to meet up? if you said no they'd end up being suspicious." tommy carried on. "i'm not saying that you have to people, im just pointing it out because,"

"would you really be willing to lose all of your friends, in order to keep her hidden?"

and wilbur didn't know what happened, but he froze, eyes blown wide as if the thought of losing all of his friends was the most terrifying thing he had ever heard.

he was torn, he couldn't decide what was the better option, to let the world know about his sister and put the risk out there, or possibly lose all of his friends and giving into his biggest fear of being left alone with no one to turn to.

tommy watched as the older's eyes began to unfocus, cautiously putting a hand on his shoulder, which the other hadn't seemed to register,

"wilbur?" he muttered, trying to work out what was going on. "wilbur," he repeated, more urgently this time.

"i can't lose everyone," the older whispered, voice undeniably frightened, petrified. "not again, please tommy." he said desperately.

"wilbur, you're not losing anyone. everyone's still here for you, wil." tommy reassured, mind filling with panic and guilt over the situation.

"no, no, you're lying. you're trying to trick me, stop it." wilbur muttered, scared. at that moment, tommy doesn't think he has ever felt sadness worse than he did as he realised, wilbur did not trust him.