029

DANIEL'S POV; 

Daniel couldn't take his eyes off Marii as she entered the crowded house. It also filled the house with loud music. He observed her every step as she approached him and the rest of the group who Daniel had originally arrived with.

With each step Marii took Daniel grew increasingly anxious

"Wsp, guys," Marii exclaimed with excitement upon reaching the group. Daniel kept his silence, casually sitting on the black couch, giving the impression that her presence didn't matter to him.

"Hey Daniel," Marii greeted as she approached, sitting next to him on the couch. "Oh, Wassup," he responded, attempting to appear nonchalant, although his heart raced within.

Just going outside for a bit. It was getting mad boring in the house," she replied, her smile directed at him. "oh word? That's wsp"

Daniel looked at Kenzo, hoping she would intervene and make the conversation less awkward. All she did was give him a useless thumbs up and smile.

In an effort to divert his attention from Marii and to prevent himself from saying anything dumb in front of her, he took out his phone from his pocket, hoping to use it as a distraction. "Yeah, but why did you come out here?" she inquired curiously. He mentally sighed, preparing himself for more conversation.

Kenzo insisted I come with her, she kept bugging me.

"Oh yeah, she mentioned on the phone yesterday that she convinced you to come," his body slightly shifted towards Marii, giving her an uninterested grin

"Do you wanna go get"? I'm mad thirsty," Marii offered.

Daniel hesitated briefly before accepting. "Alright, let's go," he said, gesturing for her to follow him. With Marii by his side, he glanced back one more time before heading to the kitchen.

Kenzo winked at him and said something, but the music was too loud to understand.

As they maneuvered through the sizeable crowd of sweaty and drunk people, Marii held onto Daniel's arm, allowing him to lead the way. Internally, Daniel couldn't help but smile at her actions, although he refrained from commenting on it.

Upon reaching the kitchen, Daniel and Marii were greeted by a variety of drinks, and Daniel took a moment to consider them. "What do you want from here?" he asked, picking up a red plastic cup.

"I'm not sure," Marii hesitated, "surprise me," Marii responded kind of hesitantly but excitedly.

A faint smirk began to appear on Daniel's face as he poured some alcohol into the red cup and handed it to her.

He observed as she effortlessly consumed the drink in seconds. "Did you enjoy it?" he asked, genuinely curious about her opinion.

"Yeah, it's alright, I guess," Marii replied, with a soft laugh.

"What do you mean 'it's alright,' bro? It's more than alright." Try it again, bro. Daniel reached for her cup before refilling it with the drink from before. Once again He watched as she effortlessly consumed the drink

Marii paused for a moment before saying something, "Why have you been so nice to me?"

She had picked up on Daniel's recent change in behavior, particularly his extra kindness towards her, so she watched him closely, eager for his reply.

Daniel felt a mixture of emotions swirling throughout him. He wanted to be honest and straight up with Marii and forget about Kenzo's dumb plan, but not knowing what her reaction was going to be held himself back. Deep down, he knew the real reason he had been so kind to her was because he had developed feelings for her, feelings he couldn't bring himself to tell her just yet.

"Nah, what do you mean? I've always been nice to you," he replied, attempting to deflect the question. "But let's go back to them niggas. It's getting pretty crowded around here," he added, glancing around at the increasing number of people surrounding them.

Marii didn't respond verbally but simply nodded, acknowledging that he had changed the subject. Despite the dismissal, Daniel could sense a lingering curiosity in her eyes.

He gently took her hand, leading the way back to the group. Daniel wanted to talk to Marii before drinking and express his powerful feelings for her.

When the two got back to the group Daniel wanted to talk to Kenzo privately, "Ayo Kenzo come here real quick" Kenzo paused her conversations with her other friends and hurried his way."Marii imma be back just let me talk to Kenzo" marii noodded her head.

"what you wanna talk to me about that's more important than my conversation?" Kenzo stated with a slight attitude. "Kenzo ion think I can keep going with your dumbass plan no more, I just want to tell Marii how I really feel I don't want to just get drunk and play it off if she doesn't feel the same bro" Daniel needed to get his feelings out already, "oh well shes right behind you why won't you just tell her?" kenzo said with a slight smirk

"wait fuck you mean?" he turned around to see Marii right in front of him,

"tell me what Daniel?"