14

Hadrian hated dragons. He decided. He absolutely loathed them. No regard for safety! What about air pressure that made your ears pop? No comfortable seating! No you can't just pick up your passengers!

And worst of all was when the dragon had dropped unconscious Jason and Hadrian on the deck of the ship. Hadrian had skittered across the wooden floor like a fish out of water, flailing embarrassingly.

Of course Annabeth had snorted and even Percy seemed amused.

Actually, scratch that, the worst of all was when the dragon changed back into human. The pudgy east asian guy from earlier- Frank.

"Who the actual fuck do you think you are? A little warning would have been nice. What happened to hello? What happened to how are you? Don't fucking-"

"Hadrian, not now"

"No, Annabeth, I'd like to know what's going on" He glared at her defiantly. She had managed to steer the ship up into the clouds, as far away as possible from camp Jupiter.

"Believe me, I'd like to know too"

"Some daughter of Athena you are, how do you not know what happened?"

"Hey!" Percy spoke up. All the humor from his face drained, he glared at Hadrian, "Don't talk to her like that, none of us know what happened"

"Annabeth, your boyfriend's getting annoying" Hadrian plucked himself off the floor. Frank was crouched near the unconscious Jason, trying to rouse him. "The Argo II fired on the Romans, any idea why?"

"He's not my boyfriend" Annabeth spoke defensively. Hadrian raised his eyebrows but let it go, "And yes, I saw the ship firing. Octavian said Leo opened fire"

"Why would he do that?"

Hadrian hadn't noticed the other unconscious boy on the deck. He was propped up against the mast, though his head was hung so dark curls covered his face. "Did you knock him out?"

"It was so weird" Annabeth paced, "He just stared at us like he didn't recognize us"

Percy placed a hand on her shoulder. Then he walked over towards Jason and held him under his arms. He glanced at Hadrian, annoyance on his face. "A little help?"

The cut on Jason's face looked pretty bad, plus if the brick had been even a little lower-

Hadrian didn't want to think about it. He walked over to Percy and grabbed Jason's legs. With a helping hand, Jason didn't seem that heavy. Hadrian didn't want to leave the deck. He had too many questions. He wanted to wait till Leo woke up, but their priority was Jason.

Percy steered them below deck, though Hadrian bumped his head a few times.

"Careful"

"You be careful" Hadrian bit back.

"Dude, what the hell is your problem?"

"My problem is that I've had a really shitty day. I got stabbed by a fork and punched in the stomach by your new best friends" He rolled his eyes. And also, you're the reason my best friend is dead. Obviously he had enough sense to not blurt that out.

Percy looked pristine as ever, totally unhurt. Bitch.

"If we could just figure out what happened-"

Hadrian gestured with a head tilt towards Jason's room. Percy readjusted his grip on Jason and followed Hadrian through the door. The room was pretty blank, just like Jason. A roman banner and a camp Halfblood t-shirt were scattered here and there. But there was no personality to the room.