Chapter 1

Summary:  Harry has been Snape's ward for a few weeks now. Why you may ask? Well, ever since Harry's name got out of the goblet: he's been the target of bullying and harassment. But one day this goes too far, and Harry has permanent and physical scars. The students are punished and Dumbledore makes a speech to the whole school as a warning.  But because of the tournament, Harry cannot leave, meaning while he stays with other students, they might harm him again, despite Dumbledore's warning.
So Harry ends up living with Snape, because McGonagall and Dumbledore are too busy as it is, and Pomona has grandchildren to take care of, and Flitwick...well his living quarters are miniature-sized.

Snape is very strict with Harry. Yes he still calls him Potter, and Harry still calls him by his title. Snape still taunts him, but only because he realizes Harry gets better at  keeping his calm when faced with experience. All this to avoid fights and unnecessary enemies with the other students.

_______________________________

Chapter 1

Harry had managed to stay off trouble over these weeks, but this week, the last week of October holidays: trouble just seemed to "find him". Snape has rules, but the most important one are: no lying, no putting oneself or others in danger, eat 3 meals a day, no exceptions. And well, Harry had just broken the three of them. How? Well...
Snape went away to go pick rare ingredients in the woods. Obviously,  Winky, the house elf, was told to watch Harry. So, Winky made Harry the meals, brought it to him, and left. And when Harry called her to take it away, Winky was happy because Harry's plate was empty. She was sure Snape would be proud with Harry too.

As Winky brought Harry his dinner, Harry thanked her and started drinking his pumpkin juice, and took a few bites of the plate until Winky popped out. When he was sure she had left, he got up, went over to the bin next to his desk, and dumped the rest in the bin.

Honestly, it wasn't that the food wasn't good, Harry felt guilty throwing it away. But he physically couldn't take this much food if he didn't want to throw it all up. He didn't want to disappoint Winky again, or even worse: Snape. He made sure to cover the food up with old parchment scrunched up.

Harry stared out the window, expecting the gloomy sky that had been present the whole day, but to his surprise: the sun was shining behind the clouds.

"Winky?" Harry asked out hesitantly, still not used to this whole thing.

Winky popped in, "Did Master Harry Potter eat his food?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Winky already told Master Harry Potter not to call Winky ma'am." She said as she vanished the tray from Harry's bed with a snap of her fingers.

Winky was about to pop out when Harry spoke up, "Uhm—Winky?"

"Yes Master Harry Potter? Is you be needing anything?"

"Well—," he looked down at his hands, "I was wondering if it would be alright for me to go flying on my broom? Since I finished my dinner?" He looked back at her through his fringe

Winky seemed fo ponder for a minute, "Hmm...has Master Harry Potter done all his homework?"

"Yes, I have."

"Studying?"

"Yes."

"Well...then Winky don't see why not.."

Harry thrust a fist in the air with an exclamation of "yes!". He got of his bed, and took his coat and quidditch equipment. "Master Harry Potter must come back if you's not feeling well—." She said sternly before Harry interrupted her. "Yes yes! I know!" He said, giving her a hug before rushing out the door.

Winky stood alone in Harry's room, smiling to herself as Harry ran out.  She shook her head at the boy's antics before popping out of the room.

Harry's hands were getting cold, and the fact that he has been playing for two hours was an understatement. But Harry couldn't stop now! He still had his last move to practice! He clenched his jaw, rubbed his hands together one last time before soaring high up, very very high up.

He was eventually so high up that he could see the Quidditch pitch and Hogwarts like if they were close to each other.  He took a big breath of air, puffed it out through his mouth, and let him and the broom become one, falling rapidly down to the ground.

Everything was going good, he was turning in on himself not too fast but not too slow, the broom was at the perfect angle, this was better than good. Harry made himself slow down as he lifted the broom's tip a tad, and just when Harry was about to twist his body to turn away so he could have a smooth landing, he just—
—popped out of existence.

And landed on the floor.  He rolled down on the ground as his broom popped in next to him a second later. He groaned as he rubbed his head, and looked up when he saw a small shadow looking over him. It was—
Winky?

"Winky! What was that for?! I was in the middle of my new move!" He grumbled as stood up, rubbing dirt off his quidditch jumper.
But Winky only pointed behind him, and when Harry turned around, he saw why she had teleported him to her. There was a flying weird kind of bird...but it wasn't a bird. And it was aggressively clawing and pushing at an invisible force.

"What...what is that Winky?"

Winky sighed next to him, "That, Master Harry Potter, is a Bloodsiphang. It's a hybrid, from an eagle and a demon. It sucks the blood and magic of magical people.

"That's...that's horrible. But what it's clawing at?"He asked, turning to her.

She looked at him, her face growing stern, "The barrier."

"The barrier? What barrier?" Harry asked, confused

"The barrier Master Snape has put up. The barrier Master Harry Potter sir wasn't supposed to cross."

"But I didn't cross any barrier Winky, I swear!"

"Then how could the Bloodsiphang smell Master Harry Potter from here? The barrier keeps everything out, but also keeps them from seeing us, smelling us, like if we don't exist. Why do you think nothing comes out of the forest but they're still in the forest?"

"Oh." Harry said sullenly, realizing he could've been attacked by that...thing if it were not for Winky.

"Uhm...am I in trouble?"

"Oh yes, Master Harry Potter is in deep trouble." She said calmly

"Does Snape know?"

"Yes. He gets alerted if people get out of the barrier. Master Harry Potter better clean up before Master comes home."

Harry sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he picked up his broom, "Yes ma'am.", Winky didn't scold him this time, letting him go back to the castle. She smirked as the Bloodsiphang finally gave up and went back into the forest, good riddance.

Winky popped into Harry's room, she heard the water running back upstairs. Looking around his room, she put the quidditch clothes in the hamper and the broom on its stand, Master Snape would probably confiscate that when he came back, she mused. With another snap of her fingers, all of the trash bins of Snape's quarters were in front of her, and she started wrapping them up when she smelled something. She opened them back up, and then what she found surprised her. There was food in the trash.

Winky thought for a moment, then realized this was Harry's, because she had cooked this today. She sighed with disappointment, she had hoped Master Harry had improved, but, looking back at the trash, he had only eaten the equivalent of a meal today. She shook her head, Master Snape had told her that Master Harry's progress will be slow, and they had to be patient with him. But to the point that the boy would hide it? Master Snape wasn't going to be happy, she realized midly.

On another note, she felt Masted Snape come in through the wards. Winky sighed, Master Harry Potter isn't the only one that'll be in trouble. After all, this was Master Snape. And then Master Snape called, and Winky went to him.

And she proceeded to tell him what happened.