♖ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝗺𝗯𝘂𝗻𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝐋𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭

↝ To fully understand the ghastly scene the adults discovered in the parlor, it is helpful to consider what was going on upstairs. And about six minutes earlier.

[• • •]

ꜱɪx ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇꜱ ᴇᴀʀʟɪᴇʀ

The girls held their breath as Count Olaf stormed into the bedroom. Alice and Violet were hiding behind the door, holding Sunny close to their bodies as they watched the villain enter their room with a knife.

When they heard the Count opening the closet, the girls silently emerged from their hiding spot and left the room. They felt relieved to be out of danger.

Once they reached the stairs, Violet passed Sunny over to Alice. "If we want to find any evidence, we need to get to the car," stated the Baudelaire girl.

As they descended the stairs, Alice looked at her friend with a determined expression. Without a word, they left the house and made their way toward Monty's crashed car.

[• • •]

𝐋𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭
↝ Years later, Klaus Baudelaire would often lie in bed, filled with regret that he never yelled "That man is Count Olaf" to his uncle at the movies, or over Chinese food, or from under his canoe.

And while I cannot say that Violet and Alice slept any easier, they were luckier than the boy in one aspect: they knew that the time to act was now, and they wouldn't regret it.

[• • •]

Violet finally managed to open Count Olaf's suitcase that remained in the trunk, analyzing the collection of random items guarded inside it - including a plastic baby leg, the girl noticed with intrigue.

Alice momentarily placed Sunny on the ground and crouched behind the bushes next to the infant as her eyes remained glued to the door, making sure they weren't caught.

As they were both focused on their activities, the teens didn't notice Sunny crawling away in the direction of a certain missing snake.

Alice glanced at the baby to check on her, only to realize that she wasn't next to her anymore. Panic rose inside the Everleigh girl's chest as she crawled inside the bushes herself, looking for Sunny.

"Alice? Sunny?" Violet questioned, noticing their silence. Before she had time to confirm their absence, her body tensed, feeling a sinister figure suddenly pop up behind her.

"I'd say partly cloudy." Count Olaf answered as he grabbed Violet's arm. "I thought you were supposed to be a nice girl."

Violet struggled against his firm grip; however, the villain continued to drag her toward the passenger seat, unfazed. "Nice girls aren't supposed to dig through people's personal, private property. Especially when it's... Wasn't it locked?" He asked, confused.

"It was." The girl sneered.

"Oh, how clever." Count Olaf mockingly praised. "But I bet you're not clever enough for this. I have five tickets to Peru. I was going to take all of you because that's just the kind of guardian I am."