~ Four ~

"Why are you backing up?" asks Law with a deep scowl that startles you.

You try to submerge in the water as much as you can.

He swims closer, and you panic but freeze completely while your mind screams all the curses you know and invent.

Trafalgar grimaces and recedes a little after seeing your stare so wide and distant.

"Just stop with the googly eyes. You look like a damn Pekingese dog," he scoffs, scratching his nape.

You can't help but look at the arch of the muscles in his arms from the movement as the waterdrops glint over his tanned and tainted skin.

You are still surprised a soldier like him would have so many tattoos.

"You scare the crap out of me."

"You scare the crap out of me too," you answer out of pure instinct.

As his eyes sharpen with a glint, you tense up, ready for a hit. As it turned out, men often solve their problems with fights.

But it all changes when he sighs and shakes his head, with an almost invisible smile playing on his lips.

He looks perfect.

"You're an odd one, Ping," he says tiredly, and you dive even deeper into the water to hide your red cheeks. His smile widens, and your heart beats so fast that you are afraid he will hear it. "Listen-"

But Law stops and turns pale when you hear shouting from the shore.

You swim back a little as you recognize Luffy's voice, arguing with Ace while Sabo tries to hush them.

"I can't get a moment of peace," growls Law with upset features, looking around himself. "Quick, we need to get out."

"I'm not going anywhere," you squeak with a weak, high-pitched voice.

The man's brows run together, and he moves closer, the golden gaze burning your skin.

"It wasn't a question," he states darkly, and your fist clenches in the worry of being discovered. "Come."

When he tries to grab your hand, you lose control and shout at him, even if the last little rational part of your consciousness begs you not to be an idiot.

"But you are naked!"

FUCK-

The man tilts his head in confusion, but you see suspicion on his face.

He runs his fingers through his wet, black locks to remove them from his forehead.

"So what?"

IBDSHVDKAMHDW?!

Law swims closer, and you terrifiedly fold your arms around your chest when it's only ten centimeters between you and him.

He lifts his hand as he reaches for you, and you are too scared to move away, only to pray for some miracle to happen.

And it does.

"AAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

You get away just in time before Zoro falls into the lake with an exaggerated scream.

When he sticks his head out of the water again, you are both relieved and even more devastated.

Some algae stick to his bright hair, but honestly, it does not make much difference. He blends in great with the mud and moss.

"What the hell has gotten into you, Roronoa?!" asks Law angrily, rising in the water. You look away flusteredly.

"You're no man without a call of bravery!" shouts Zoro in an answer, and you finally breathe out when you realize that he hid you from Trafalgar's piercing eyes.