Chapter.1.

Oliver's pov

I grumbled as I heard the sound of my dad call my deadname. "LAYA, CAN YOU COME HERE?" He shouted from what seemed to be the kitchen. I jumped up and grabbed a hoodie throwing it on over my t-shirt. I hesitantly make my way down stairs to the kitchen, not wanting to be called that name again. As I stepped into the kitchen I saw mom sitting at the counter sipping from a mug, "HI sweetie, you look handsome." I smile at the compliment noticing my dad rolling his eyes in my peripheral vision. "Thanks mom." I say as a give her a side hug and walk up to my dad to see what he wants."Laya sweetie can you take out the trash?" Mom looks up at dad from the name, she coughs under her breath mumbling "Oliver." I glance at my mom and then back at my dad, "Yeah sure." I say grabbing the trash and slipping on my converse. I carry the trash out and toss it in the bin, glancing over and noticing a tall guy looming over a mailbox presumably his. He's quite cute, he has dark blonde fluffy hair and beautiful eyes that match the slight smile he wears. I realized I was staring when he locked eyes with me. I quickly look down trying to avoid the embarrassment quickly creeping up. "Uhm, hey?" He says with a slight wave, I look back up very noticeably embarrassed. "Hey, uhm sorry.. for like you know staring i guess.." I say rubbing my palm on the back of my neck, "No uh you're fine, do you live next door?" He asks pointing to my house behind me. "Uh yeah, I uh do." I reply glancing at my house and then back at the tall boy in front of me. "My names Ranboo, you?" He says giving me a quick smile. His smile was very cute, he has dimples. "Oliver, my names Oliver." I say looking down at my chest to make sure it's not noticeable. He looks at me confused. Shit does he know i'm not cis? My thoughts get interrupted by Ranboo talking, "Do you go to Lake Bridge?" He questions look at my school hoodie I was wearing. "Oh, yeah I do actually." I say tugging at the end to hide my chest since he had been reading my shirt. "Sweet me too." He says happily smiling at me, I smile back and lean back against my trash can as my back begins to hurt from slouching. "Hey do you think I could get your number? You seem nice and I'd like to be friends." He asks still smiling, "Yeah yeah totally, do you have a pen?" I ask knowing that sounds dumb considering he was getting his fucking mail. Dumbass. He laughs reaching into his Jean pocket, "I do." He hands me the pen sticking out his arm for me to write on. "Wow convenient." I laugh as I wright my number on his arm. "Ranboo? Where are you?" Someone yelled from the porch of the house next to mine. "Hold on mom ill be there in a sec!" He yells back to the woman who is apparently his mom. "Hey I got to go but I'll text you okay?" He says glancing back at me, "Yeah, okay." I say smiling at him as he smiles back and starts to walk back towards his house. I walk back towards mine noticing my sister Lucy sitting on the steps. "Hey." She says as I walk up next to her and sit against the railing crossing my legs and leaning my head back. "Hey." I say with a little sigh, "Who was that?" She asks playing with a spider on the step above, "Neighbor boy, his names Ranboo." She nods at my response, picking up the spider and holding him out to me. "Want it?" I hold my hand out for the spider to crawl onto me. I let the spider crawl around my hand for a moment watching as Lucy makes her way back into the house. I let the spider back down onto the concrete steps and walk into the house as well. I kick off my shoes by the door and walk into the kitchen where my mom still sits, I grab a bowl and pour some cereal. I sit next to my mom eating my cereal. Ranboo seems very nice, i'm excited to be friends with him. I need more friends than just Estella and Lucy, hell Lucy's my sister for fucks sake. Mom cuts my thoughts off by standing up and walking over to the sink saying, "I'm sorry about your dad Oliver." She says genuinely, looking at me leaning against the sink. "Thanks mom, it's alright." I say with a forced smile. "You know you and Lucy can move out anytime you want." My mom adds as she turns around to wash her coffee mug, "Yeah mom I know." I really did know, I just hadn't had the chance to talk about it with Lucy yet. Ding. My phone went off so I picked it up and headed up to my room, shutting my door and plopping down on my bed.