Chapter.3.

Ranboos POV

I walk out of the school building and see Oliver sitting up against the outside of the building. He doesnt see me as it looks like hes reading on his phone so i step towards him and crouch looking at him. "Ollie." I say to catch his attention. He glaces up at me, going visably red and hiding his phone screen. "Hey Ran." He responds with a smile as he slips his phone into his pocket. "Whatcha reading?" I ask as i scoot closer to him so i can rest my back on the brick wall of the school. He sighs closing his eyes. "Promise not to make fun of me?" He asks hesitantly, "I would never seriously make fun of you Oliver." I say as serious as i can to show im being honest. I see him reach into his pocket and unlock his phone with his thumb, seeing a book pop up onto his screen. "I was reading fanfiction." He says scrolling to the top of the chapter. "Ollie i would never make fun of that anyway, its just reading a book." Oliver smiles at me as i say that and wraps his arms around me basically falling onto me. I laugh as i hug him back, hearing him mumble a faint "Thank you." before pulling away and standing up with his backpack on, phone in one hand, and skateboard in another. "Lets go, i wanna go somewhere." He smiles and starts walking off. "Where exactly are we going." I walk up beside him, watching him fidget with his fluffy blonde hair. "Youll see." He smiles at me, his eyes squinting a little bit. I smile and shake my head, crossing the road with Oliver. He walks over to a little gas station, walking into a big metal door but holding it open for me. "What can i do for you Oliver?" A man with a beanie over dark brown hair, a beat up band tee, and sweatpants asks. "Ill take what i always get and Ranboo?" He tells the man as he looks at me wanting an answer. "Uh lemonade and mini strawberry cake." I say looking at the man. "Right, watermelon Oliver?" He nods to Oliver as he nods and reaches for his wallet. "Ok ill be right back then." The man begins to walk off as Oliver says "Thanks James." He then turns to me and goes to say something but doesnt. "I can pay for my own stuff." I say assuming he was gonna ask me to pay him back. "Huh? Oh, no dont worry about it." He says as James walks back with the stuff, taking the money from Oliver. He starts to walk out the door, waiting for me again. He held a strawberry dreams monster, bbq chips, and a dab pen. How did he get a dab pen without an ID? He slips them in his backpack, putting his drink in the side holder. "Want me to hold your stuff?" He asks pulling me out of my thoughts. "Sure thanks." I hand him my things smiling. He puts them away and begins walking off the sidewalk towards a little forest. "You gonna murder me Ollie?" I ask as i follow the shorter boy between two trees that are almost shaped like a heart.

                                                                                                 (Sorry this is like the best i could find)

"Nah, if i wanted to kill you i wouldve done it already." He shrugs as he looks to the ground at small yellow hearts that follow in a line along the path. After about 10 minutes we stop in a little closed off flower field. He plops himself down and takes off his bookbag sitting in on a little wooden board thats just laying there. I sit on the other side of the table as he dumps everything out his backpack. A few pencials, a book, our drinks, snacks, his pen, a notebook, and some regular pens. He hands me my stuff and opens his monster and pen. "Have you tried this monster yet?" I look at the can and shake my head "No i dont think so." I respond as hes finishing opening his stuff. "Try it, its so good." He scoots the drink closer to me and watches as i take a sip. "Yeah that is pretty good." I slide his drink back. "Hey how did you buy that?" I ask pointing to his pen. "Oh, he knows my sister and most the time i buy them for her but sometimes i keep them." He shrugs as he hits it right before he takes a sip, coughing a bit. He lays back in the flowers as he starts playing music from his phone, closing his eyes. The lyrics of j's lullaby start playing as i stare at him with a small smile.

Darling id wait, for you

Even if you didnt ask, me too

Tie a lasso around the moon

And bring it on down to you

Id bottle the feeling, you give me

And shelve that stuff for years, to come

Cause baby, when your arms are around me

Id swear that im holding the sun

Id give you the sun if you asked me

You could have all the time

You could have the stars and the trees

The song ends and another starts but Oliver sits up and turns off his phone, "Wanna go for a swim?" He asks eagerly. "Ollie its like barley 65 degrees, and we dont have swimsuits." I say as i see him start picking up all his stuff. "So? Come on." He says dragging me with him. We make it to a little river very fast. "How do we swim in this?" I ask as he pulls off his sweatpants standing in his boxers and tshirt, he starts walking into the water which goes around his waist. Hes 5'8 so its pretty deep. I think as i see him lay back floating. "Come in its fun." He smiles at me. I take off my jeans and sweater so i have my tanktop on now. I step into the water which is shockingly not that cold. He sits up and splashes me with the water between us. "Hey!" I yell and spalsh water back at him. "Fuck off!" He yells back and puts his hands on my chest pushing me back gently as he laughs. We end up swiming for about 30-45 minutes till my mom calls worried and we have to go back home. "My hair is soaking wet, Ollie this is your fault." I shake my head as i throw my sweater back on while Olivers putting his shoes and rings back on. "Hey you got in, you couldve just not got in the water." He smiles and shrugs, grabbing his backpack and climbing the small hill back into the flower field where he hides the board in a small flower bush. We walk back home bickering as a bit but eventually reach our houses and go into our seprate ones. "Ran. You shouldve called!" My mom greets as i walk into the house. "Yeah mom i know." I say as i hand up my sweater and slip off my shoes by the door. "Who were you with?" She asks still seeming like shes gonna chop my ear off. "Oliver, the neighbor boy."
I say as i grab a towel and dry my hair. "The neighbors dont have a son though honey, they have two daughters." My mom says just looking confused now. "Huh?" I say confused just as much as her. "Lucy and Laya. Theres no Oliver." My mom furrows her eyebrows as i grab my phone and pull up Olivers contact. "Yeah look." I show her the name and picture. "Honey thats Laya with her hair short." Suddenly something clicks in my mind. Olivers trans. "Im gonna take a nap mom." I tell her as i walk up the stairs. "Youre still in trouble!" I hear her shout as i shut my door, unsure of what to do. Right as i lay down i hear my phone ding with a message.

(1356 words)

AN: Sorry i havent uploaded in a bit, i was dealing with some stuff but heres this little cliffhanger on whats gonna happen. I kinda wanted Ranboos mom to be mean and confused so heres that. I really like this chapter and its a little longer than my others