Chapter 1: Why and How

Rimuru POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. A place with no trees and vegetation. Where is this place anyways?

As I was looking around, I felt a sudden and severe pain in my head.

"Nggh!"

Now this is strange, not only do I not know where I am, my head also hurts so much...

(Ciel? Where are we?)

(Oi! Ciel!)

(You're not playing a prank on me, are you?!)

...

No reply...

I've tried over and over, trying to contact Ciel, but she doesn't seem to be answering.

No, I felt that she wasn't even there...

...

A few hours after that whole ordeal. I felt as if my heart was going sink. An unbearable sensation.

I've tried many different things, but none of them worked.

As much as I hate to say this...

I am alone...

There was no one around.

No, I need to compose myself. So what if I'm alone? I can take care of myself just fine.

...

After I've finally calmed down, I took a good look around my surroundings.

It is currently noon. The ground was so dry and there was no water.

No wonder there was no vegetations. This place is drier than my humor.

"Just where am I?"

I don't remember this place at all. I've rarely traveled the cardinal world but I am pretty sure there was no place like this.

This is place is much like the barren lands where the giants live. But at the same time, this place felt different.

There was no signs of people around me.

I've began walking towards the south. It's a good thing that I don't need food and water to survive. And I can barely feel the heat.

...

I've been walking for about 5 hours now. The terrain is the same as always.

While I was walking, I discovered a few things:

I lost the majority of my skills and abilities. Those being, All of my Ultimate skills.

I still have my intrinsic skills though, those being, my resistances and a variety of other skills as well.

This fact only contributed to my ever growing anxiety.

I lost my partner, and most of my abilities along with that.

Just why and how did this happen to me!

I can't even remember. I can't remember much at all. I am feeling that something is a miss but I can't tell what it is.

Now I'm feeling both anxious and pissed off.

No, I shouldn't be thinking about that right now. I have to focus on my goal first...

Get back home.