Chapter 5

Rimuru POV

I've lost count on how many days it has been since I woke up in this world. I think I'm still far from knowing how to get back home.

But I don't have to worry about that too much since I know that I still so much time.

We are now currently traveling towards a new town, or rather, a port.

Rudeus had just recently showed me the world map. And I gotta say, we're really far away from the nearest human civilization, let alone our actual destination. It's even more absurd when we consider how fast we are traveling.

It'll at least take us months to even a year to be able to get to the Asura Kingdom.

Gotta say, this world is very weird. The landscapes showed signs of large scale battles, heck, the continent was even split in half.

I assume there's more to this world than meets the eye. I better stay low for now because I still don't know my current limitations.

I still have no idea how strong the beings are in this World. I also don't want to cause unnecessary conflict.

All of that aside, I think we are nearing our destination.

"Look Rudeus, the ocean!" Eris said, beaming with excitement while running towards the ocean.

Wait, I think she's going to-

"Gah! It's salty!"

-Taste the ocean water...

"I wanna swim in it!"

"But Eris, we don't have any swim suits"

"What's that? I don't need that!?"

"The ocean is teaming with monsters, so it's better to not swim in it"

""Uuuuuhhhh!!"" Both Eris and Rudeus exclaimed in disagreement.

***A few minutes later***

"2,000 green ore coins!" Rudeus shouted in disbelief.

"Say, how much money do we even have?" I said to Rudeus.

Rudeus has been the one that manages all of this things, such as financial management. The boy really knows what he's doing.

"We only have a couple hundred silver coins..."

"..."

Wow, we are really broke...

That being said, I've never really worried about money since now.

"I guess we'll have to call a meeting"

***A few more minutes later***

"It'll take an eternity trying to save up to 2,000 green ore coins..." Rudeus said, looking down at the table.

We are currently inside a food store. The four of us we sitting around a square table.

"No... don't tell me we're going to leave Ruijerd behind!?" Eris shouted in response.

"No, we're not going to do that..."

"Can't Ruijerd just run across the ocean?" Eris asked.

"No. Even to me, that is impossible"

(I can probably fly us across the ocean. But I still don't want to attract the attention of some unknown beings that lives within this world. But if we really have no other choice, only then will I do it.)

"Eeehhh... then what are we going to do now?"

"I... haven't thought of it yet..."

Poor kid, must've been tough for him to bear all of the responsibility.

"Don't be so down the drain about it, we'll thought of a way eventually" I said to Rudeus in an attempt to cheer him up a bit.

"Yeah, I guess you're right"

...

..

.

It's now the next day and we're still stumped as to what to do. We decided to take a break from adventurering today so I've got nothing to do.

I'm currently walking alone, along an empty alley, walking with no sense of direction in mind.

The people here have so much in common in Tempest. Different tribes and origins living among one another.

That being said, there were also humans in this port as well. Probably seafarers and merchants trading with the demonfolks.

Wait a hot minute, is that Rudeus? What is he doing in an empty alley all alone? And who is he talking to?

"Hey Rudeus. What are you doing here all alone?"

"R-rimuru! I didn't notice you there, what are you doing here?" Replied Rudeus.

I seemed to have startled him somehow.

"Oh nothing, but don't dodge my question, what are you doing here? And also, what happened to your right eye?"

"I um... I saw this poor little girl over here that calls herself the great emperor of the demon world. Her name is Kishirika Kishirisu. And she gave me a demon eye, that why my eye looks like this"

I looked at the little girl behind Rudeus. The girl had luxurious purple hair with matching purple eyes. She was wearing skimpy clothing.

There's something off about her though. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

"Now who do we here?" Kishirika said in a playful manner.

As she said this, her eyes began to roll like one of those casino machines.

"Y-you... what are you. How the heck does my demon eyes not recognize you!?"

Uh-oh... have I been busted already?

"Now calm down, I-"

"This can't be possible! I've only know a handful of people who can resist my demons eyes... I- I gotta get outta here! Bye!"

"Oh no you're not!"

I instantly grabbed her in the hand before she could run off. As I did, she threw a quick jab at my face, but her efforts went to nothing as I easily blocked it with my left hand.

"Aaahhh! Let go of me! Somebody! Hel-"

"Shhh! Be quiet, people will hear us"

I covered her mouth with my right hand. She was trying to bite me but was ineffective.

She was squirming around and about. Flailing her tiny legs and arms in a somewhat comedic fashion.

"You will tell me everything I need to know before I can let go of you. You hear me?" I whispered into her ear.

"Mmmkmm! Mmmm mmmm!"

"Uhm, Rimuru? Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, just trust me okay?"

"Mmmm mmm!"

"Eeew, stop licking my hand!" I said as I removed my hand from her mouth.

"Gaaah! Okay okay! I'll tell you everything I know! Just don't do that ever again!"

"Okay, I promise. But keep your voice down"

"In the thousands of years that I have lived, I've never been treated like how you did to me... *Sniff* even my fiance wouldn't do that..."

"You're quite the comedian eh?"

"Hmph! I just want to get this over with, so tell what do you wanna know?"

...

..

.

***Chapter End***