Chapter 7: Complications

Rimuru POV

I've been following Rudeus for quite some time now. The abductor doesn't seem to notice that I'm following him as he kept on moving towards somewhere.

How big is this forest anyways? Kinda reminds me of The Great Jura Forest.

Well there's no point on pondering on these questions now. I gotta focus or I'll lose sight of Rudeus.

As I was jumping from branches to branches, the tree branch that I was about to land on suddenly broke and fell down.

With nothing to hold on anymore and with only a fraction of a second to think, I quickly re-adjusted myself so that I can land on my feet.

As I landed on the ground, I saw multiple ropes flying towards me.

How did they even know that I'm here? I was very sure that I was perfectly concealing my presence.

Not wanting to raise any more suspicions and wanting to get this done with already, I didn't dodge the ropes and let it bind to me.

The ropes didn't seem that tough and I am confident that I can break the ropes if I wanted to.

Several beastfolks began approaching and surrounding me now that they think they finally got me.

The beastfolks carried weapons sharp enough to kill but wore little to no armor.

I was now completely surrounded by beastfolks on all sides. I could feel their stares as they whispered among themselves.

"Leave our forest peacefully, intruder. Please don't make us force you" the oldest among the beastfolks said.

*Sigh* what did I do this time?

"Hey! Listen to the chief when he's talking to you!" The other much younger beastfolk snarled.

"May I ask how a human like me would pose a threat to your forest?" I said to the chief.

"How dare you question the chief, intruder!" The other beastfolk said.

The chief held his hand up to the other beastfolk as if to silence them.

"I guess I have no choice do I?"

"Indeed" answered the beastfolk chief

"You're quite lucky because the chief is very kind, even to strangers" one of the beastfolk said.

"Could you at least tell me how to get out of the forest?"

"Yes, we did plan to escort you until you reach the outside of the forest"

Well this is quite problematic, I guess Rudeus will have to wait. I can't really go against the beastfolks for now.

I'll just have wait for an opportunity to get Rudeus. For now, I guess I'll play along. I just hope that nothing happens to Rudeus while I'm gone...

"Anya, you go lead the human outside of the forest. You will be accompanied by Lio, and three others" the chief was talking to a young beast woman as he whispered something in her ear whilst looking towards me.

"This girl here is Anya, she is the best at navigating the forest aside from me" the chief said as he turned his back on me facing the rest of the beastfolks. "The rest, let's go back to the village"

...
..
.

Rudeus POV

It's currently night of sixth day that I'm in prison or whatever they locked me up in. My worries for my friends were growing day by day.

Has something happened to them? Less likely not, but it still worries me somehow. I could've easily break out of here but this forest is quite huge, I'll just get lost of starve. This prison isn't all that bad though as I was being fed well. They even brought in a new guy to not bore me.