Chapter 4

Rudeus POV

"And that's how Eris and I ended up in the demon continent. And how Ruijerd is with us right now"

I finished explain everything to Rimuru. She was the first one to explain to us why she was here in the demon continent.

Rimuru told us that she lost her memories and is looking for a way back home.

"I see..."

"That is why we are asking you to please accompany us on our journey back to the Asura kingdom. Eris here is a noble in the Asura kingdom. I'm sure she can find a way to repay you somehow"

"Hmmm..."

Rimuru took a second to think about it. Putting her hand on her chin. Seemingly deep in thought.

"Okay, I'll go with you. But first, I have to tell you something"

Rimuru said as she turns into a blue blob as big as a basketball, no maybe bigger.

"A... Slime?" I said.

"Nggh!" Ruijerd was the first one to react. Now pointing his spear on the slime.

"Wha-" Eris was next to react. She quickly put her hand on her sword.

I don't get why Eris and Ruijerd was acting like this.

"Rudeus! Get away from it!" Ruijerd shouted.

"Heh? Why-"

Rimu- the slime cut me off.

"Don't worry. I'm not a bad slime" The slime said as it turn into it's previous form. i.e, the beautiful woman.

"I can explain. So please listen" Rimuru said.

"I've seen slimes in the demon continent. But a slime that can speak vocally like that, let alone mimic a human. I think we should a least listen" Ruijerd spoke as he puts down his spear and sat back down.

"Hmph!"

Eris quickly followed.

"I'm glad you understand" Rimuru said.

Third Person POV

Rimuru was able to explain to Rudeus, Eris and Ruijerd why and how things were the way they are.

Rimuru said to them that he was a slime from another world and that Rimuru is trying to figure out how to get back.

Rudeus and the gang's expressions we a mix of confusion and bewilderment. They don't know how to react. But at the same time, they had not choice but to listen.

Rudeus thought that the more allies they had, the easier it is to get Eris back home. Rimuru was no exception. Even Ruijerd acknowledges Rimuru strength, which further solidified his resolve to recruit such a being.

Sure, RImuru being a slime did waiver his resolve a bit. But that wasn't enough to change his decision.

To Rudeus, Rimuru is just a harmless slime that has they're own goals that they want to accomplish.

Rudeus thought that why not help each other then?

Rimuru on the other hand, wasn't sure if he can trust the three. He is an outsider after all.

Are slimes considered bad in this world? Are they gonna lock me up somewhere? Did I scare them? Were the thoughts that ran through Rimuru's mind.

He's not worried about getting hurt or though, but instead he's scared to loose the only hope he has left on finding a way home. If he was to become an enemy, then his chances of getting back would lessen.