Chapter One

Oregon

I climb out from the hiding spot as soon as Cass leaves the Atrium. I got here about an hour before she did. Cass did tell me she needed to help a friend of hers get out before something bad happens to him, but she left in such a hurry that she didn't bring anything. Then her friend reached out to me and told me to follow her before it's too late.

Originally, I was just going to give Cassie my flashlight and leave where I came in. But after some exploring and that message, I think it'd be best if I followed her and make sure nobody gets hurt. I've heard about the animatronics, and all those missing kids. Why would someone even come back here-well, other than to vandalize the heck out of this place. What kind of idiotic kid would go so deep into the Pizzaplex that they can't get out through an unblocked window? Clearly not Gregory.

Looking around now, with Cassie away from me a little bit, it kind of looks like the place actually burned down. Of course, it was something else, but some kid still somehow survived the night before committing about seven felonies and twelve crimes. I'm pretty sure Cassie is also going to get arrested after this. And me. 

But it would be fun to poke around before we both go to jail forever! 

I look at the graffiti. Some weird bunny mask, names, initials, signs, and so much more. I recognize some of them as my big sister's and big brother's. They never told me they art-ed up the entrance. Maybe I can come back here with some spray paint, Guillermo, and Ruby. 

After some searching, I spot Cassie going to the elevators. It isn't that hard, since she's the brightest thing here and the walkie-talkie with her is a bit noisy. I've found one of my own, a Freddy one, but I can't find the channel she's on to listen in. Something is blocking every walkie talkies' access to Cassie's channel except for Cassie and the Thing. I'll still take it with me just in case the Thing slips up at some point.

I watch the elevator fall, and I instantly know I need to find a different way out of the entrance. I hear Cassie scream from the elevator's fall, but I keep running to the Daycare. The doors are blocked from the debris. I move some of it out of the way to get into the door. Something is blocking it from the other side. I do manage to push the door open as far as I can, and then I slip through and keep the door open behind me for a semi-quick escape. 

Endoskeletons. Everywhere. 

Am I entering some sort of eternal hell just because I wanted to see my favorite animatronics of all time? 

Why am I running towards a raging moon dude and eccentric sun thing? 

I have no clue, but I'm sure I'll think of something. 

With some twisting around and hopping over things, I find an opening into a hall-like area. The first thing I see is a mask lying on the ground. Mainly light blue. Light pink lines on the sides, like they're some form of whiskers. Beautiful, shining purple eyes and a calm smile that isn't as off-putting as when I first looked at it. 

I pick the mask up and look at the inside of it. Pink and purple, with a contraption around where my mouth and nose would be to let me breathe, and two red places where the eyes are on the front of the mask. How can I see if the eyes are covered?

I put it in my backpack and keep moving forward. Past every endoskeleton and pieces of debris and concrete and decoration. Until I reach an opening.