|] KNY [| Reika Matsushita

Name: Reika Matsushita ("Cold Fragrance OR Cold Flower"+"Pine Tree AND Below/Under" = "Cold flower below the pine tree.")

Nickname(s): Atsu, Rei, Atsushi

Age: 14-22 years old (Whole slaying career)

Birthday: February 5th

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Gender: Female

Pronouns: She/Her

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: A rather "tough love" type of person. She holds no regard or recognition to those that are too weak to care for themselves, but also holds a deep understanding of the misery and depression of others. Hardened by seeing so many allies die, she is thoughtful and holds a gentleness/wisdom beyond any other, and cares for her friends and lower ranks. Despite this, her quiet and contemplative nature, coupled with her tendency to not rely on words leaves many too impatient to become close to her. Those who are observant will notice her subtle, kind actions, and those who aren't will only see her as a reclusive introvert. Additionally, her way of thinking is most definitely, by all means, not normal. She doesn't hold herself to usual standards, or "common sense," and will instead think of anything to solve her problem.

Appearance: Reika is of average height with a lean build. Her long, silver hair, tipped with a dark gray, is usually kept down, though it typically doesn't get in her way. Eyes a striking icy blue, they are calm and composed, not actively voicing her emotions. 

Outfit: She wears the standard Demon Slayer uniform, yet she refuses to wear a skirt, and instead wears a pair of pants. This is paired with a white haori adorned with a subtle snowflake pattern.                                                                                     Her sword is tinted a light blue, and the sheath is mostly white save for the few bits of fancy icy blue ribbons and decorations on the top. Her sword handle is colored a dark gray.

Species: Human

Rank: Hashira

Friends/Allies: She only has one close friend, Rengoku Kyojuro. Apart from this, she holds a moderate friendship with Shinobu Kocho, Uzui Tengen. Her good terms with Giyuu Tomioka and Gyomei Himejima holds true.

Enemies/Rivals: She loathes Sanemi for his loud nature, and constant swearing. Reika thinks of him as extremely annoying. Her enemies would be every demon, except Nezuko, who she doesn't really care for... yet.

Crush: Rengoku Kyojuro

Backup Crush: Shinobu Kocho

Likes: She likes serene landscapes, and good vibes with other people. Reika enjoys the occasional peace and quiet, but not constant silence. Her favorite food is Nizakana, and any other lightly salted steamed fish.

Dislikes: Loud energy, and demons. She is prone to get stomachaches and nausea from bad smells, such as heavy blood, rotten food, and leather, so she dislikes those as well.

Backstory: She grew up as a middle child, always compared to her siblings. One day, a wandering Demonslayer recognized her talents, and she was ecstatic to finally be good at something. As her training was nearing its end, a wandering demon snuck into their home and used its blood demon art to silence its movements. As it crept up on Reika's teacher, she woke up yet was too slow to save her teacher, ultimately killing the demon but at the price of her teacher's life. This set a guilt in her mind, and she kills demons to pay back the debt of letting someone die. This made her strive to become stronger, and she eventually reached the level of a hashira at age 17.

Quotes:

1st: "If you're so lost in your own misery, how do you expect to wipe the demons off the face of this Earth?"