|] KNY [| Hiroshi Sahara

Name: Hiroshi Sahara

Nickname(s): Hiro, ShiShi, Sahara

Age: 12-21 years old (Whole slaying career)

Birthday: December 9th

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

Gender: Male

Pronouns: They/Them

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality:  Hiroshi is resilient and stubborn, constantly pursuing knowledge and insight. He is quick to act, yet can easily misjudge situations. He enjoys simpler things in life, and is definitely not the fiercest out of the pillars. Intuitive and caring, he finds solace in helping others, and is often the one to mediate heated situations.  Although he isn't one to seek attention, Hiroshi enjoys compliments and likes talking to others, holding a tough yet lively atmosphere.

Appearance: Sahara is of tall stature, just a bit shorter than Uzui Tengen, who is 6'6. He often gets teased by the Sound Hashira for this, but the sand pillar is most certainly not a person to make fun of. Well muscled and toned, he has long, beige hair that reaches his torso, and it is usually tied up in a low-hanging ponytail. He has striking golden eyes that are rich and deep, along with white scleras that are unusually big. With a wide stature, and sturdy presence, many ordinary people get intimidated by his appearance.

(He resembles both Gyomei Himejima and Muzan [in his final form], though his hair is longer and he is smaller than Gyomei.)

Outfit: He wears the typical demonslayer uniform, complete with a white haori decorated with yellow flower patterns at the ends/bottom. His sandals are colored black, with yellow bands and white studs/beads decorating the top (Gifted to him from Uzui.) His sword is a pale yellow-ish gold, decorated with bells that make sound when he walks. Its sheath is white, with intricate yellow stripes zigzagging across the surface. He also wears a Kabuki/Warding mask that resembles a kitsune, which is colored white. It has detailed gold rims on the edges, and it hollowed eyes are surrounded by yellow flecks of golden, bright color that reflects light. This mask also has bells on it, along with small bits of ribbon that add depth to his appearance.

Species: Human

Rank: Hashira

Friends/Allies: His best friend is Uzui, whom he spends a lot of time with. They get along well, and the sound hashira considers him decently flamboyant, though "his flashiness pales in comparison to me." He has another good friend, Shinobu, whom he spends time with when pursuing medicinal knowledge. He also tries to get to know Sanemi, and has developed a semi-weak, decent bond.

Enemies/Rivals: He doesn't really dislike anyone from the Demonslayer Corps, but he holds a special negative opinion on Obanai Iguro, the serpent hashira. This is because Hiroshi finds him slightly annoying, constantly guarding Mitsuri Kanroji when she can look after herself, and hating anyone who came into contact with her. He hates all demons, and doesn't especially loathe a certain upper moon. Instead he will kill all demons, especially those of extremely lower rankings. He uses up some of his free time, and goes on personal missions to hunt down as many weak demons as possible, saving a numerous amount of people in the process. This has made him rather nefarious amongst the lower demon population.

Crush: Sanemi Shinazugawa

Backup Crush: Uzui Tengen

Likes: 

Dislikes: 

Backstory: Hiroshi was born in a remote, desert-like region of Japan known as "Kōya," (fictional desert) an isolated area where unique geographical conditions created a small, arid zone. This led to a weaker group of demons to think of it as a safe haven from demonslayers, as the constant sandstorms and remote location defended them from demonslayers. They raised a numerous amount of children, attempting to gift them to higher ranking demons when they matured. The children, including Hiroshi, were blissfully unaware of their impending doom. It wasn't until Hiroshi accidentally heard one of their conversations regarding the price and person, that he began to have suspicions. When he ran to tell the others, they didn't believe him at first. After that, he brought at least one person every day with him, and eavesdropped from then on. They were finally convinced, and it was the final day before their shipment. They had made plans to escape, and a deadly sandstorm had been brewing. When running off, one of the children had accidentally been caught packing their stuff, when they had explicitly agreed to pack extremely light. The demons ran after them, catching up to the 12 year olds as they tried to escape through the sandstorm. Hiroshi had only escaped because he hid underneath the sand, buried and his scent therefore washed away by the wind. He lay there until the next morning, too scared to run when he heard the screams of his siblings. Tired and thirsty, he stumbled into a cave while underneath the blazing desert sun. There, he met a demonslayer who had been clued on about demon activity in the Kōya Desert. From then on, Hiroshi had been taught Wind Breathing, later changing his technique to his personal-learned Sand Breathing.

Other: He needs glasses to read, so he carries both a pair and a backup pair wherever he goes, and keeps them in protective cases. He also has an extremely developed sense of taste, and he can identify certain types of poisons, drugs, and other types of activities. He can also "taste" the air, which can lead him to blood, demons and other strong smells. This can only work if there are large amount of it.

|] Breathing Style [|

Sand Breathing

First Form: Grain of Sand - This technique requires extreme precision and concentration from the user. Just like a grain of sand, which is incredibly small yet individually unique, this form focuses the user's entire strength into a single, precise point on their blade. The aim is to strike a critical or vulnerable point on the enemy with surgical accuracy.

Second Form: Sandstorm Mirage - The user's movements become unpredictable and fluid like a sandstorm, making it difficult for enemies to anticipate the user's actions and strikes.

Third Form: Dune Crescent - The user swings their blade in a wide, sweeping arc, mimicking the shape of a sand dune, intended to deflect incoming attacks and create distance between the user and the enemy.

Fourth Form: Shifting Sands - The user takes advantage of their footing, shifting positions quickly and unexpectedly, similar to sand shifting in the wind. This allows them to evade attacks and possibly counterattack swiftly.

Fifth Form: Sandfall Strike - The user leaps into the air and delivers a swift, vertical downward slash, resembling a cascade of falling sand. The strike is aimed to deliver a high-impact blow to the enemy.

Sixth Form: Desert Whirlwind - The user spins with their blade outstretched, creating a whirlwind of slashes around them. This technique is useful for dealing with multiple enemies surrounding the user.

Seventh Form: Silica Flash - This technique exploits the user's speed to deliver a rapid flurry of unpredictable, swift attacks. Like sand particles catching the sunlight and flashing briefly, each strike is swift, hard to predict, and aimed to disorient and pressure the enemy.

Eighth Form: Blazing Desert Sun - The ultimate technique of the "Breath of Sand" style. The user gathers all their energy, akin to the intense, scorching heat of the desert sun at its peak. They then unleash a series of strikes, each one more powerful and faster than the last. This relentless barrage of attacks, mirroring the unyielding and overwhelming blaze of the sun, pours all of the user's strength and spirit into defeating their enemy.