CHAPTER 3 : KING

I cant help myself but keep thinking about that maid.

No matter how much the whole world is against him. He is fighting for the right cause. Though he has no power, no voice he still keeps on trying to make a change right? How dreadful a day must be for him ? To get insulted, scolded , humiliated whole day by everyone around him. Not even a ounce of love from anyone not even from his own mother yet he is fighting through all of that. Do you even know how it is survive your whole life, every single day not being able to talk to anyone? Puppet king? Watch what you say, that puppet king is trying to make a better nation everyday even if it's killing him inside out. One day he will be the real king and that day our nation is gonna be better forever because he comes bearing the pain so he knows.

I mean who does she think she is? She didn't even recognise me. If she really admire king that much shouldn't she know how I look? Does she really think I need a protection of lowly maid ?

"Your royal highness!" said the chief eunuch breaking my thoughts.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You are late for the banquet, your highness"

"Banquet? what banquet?" I was never told something like this existed nor did i give my permission for this then who the hell is even doing this?"

"Its for celebrating your 9 years ruling, Grand dowager kept this together especially for you." he smiled. I hated it because i knew it was a mocking smile.He is mocking me.He knows it's to celebrate Queen dowager's 9 years of ruling and i am invited to be insulted.

"When is it gonna start?" I asked him politely despite the fact i want to kill him.

"Now, your highness!" he let out another mocking smile.

"Now? Then why did no one inform me about this beforehand?What about the court?I should have set it accord-"

"Queen dowager already cancelled the court and asked all the officials to attend the banquet today." he dared to interrupt me to say this and looked straight in my eyes as if he is not looking at his king but a pity boy.

Cancelling a court without king's permission means you are the real king and you have the authority. Which is insulting to my entire existence again as if anyone cares about me here if grand queen dowager say no court the no court, if she says banquet then banquet. But i have no choice but to go.

"Bring my dress" I ordered knowing i have no choice but to go.

The senior court lady brought a navy blue dress which gave the rich look but yet just noble not royal. It was worn by common people not a king especially not to a banquet. It angered me. I threw my cup onto to the floor shouting,

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Why will i wear a normal robe to a banquet? Where is my royal robe? bring that to me. how dare you even dream of-"

Breaking my sentence the doors opened. I saw queen dowager coming in. Seeing her, I got up from my place and went to bow her along with all the servants thats how lowly i am, just a servant to her who is giving her the nation.

"What nuisance is going on here?" she asked chief eunuch.

Lifting his head he said.

" Grand queen dowager, King is not pleased with the robe. He insists on wearing the royal robe to the banquet." He said as if he is complaining that i might start to act as a king when i should just be a pity boy crying in corner.

"WHAT?" she said as she came down and sat near me.

"Your highness, lift your head." she said politely but a command was hidden in it .