Lily: Old Memories, New Friends

Memories are our excuse to look at the past. Memories are a seductively beautiful thing.

I look out of window, and watch the rain pour down. It's like the Angels are crying because of what just happened. Yet, I'm not that special. I look at the lock screen of my phone, and see him. He's gone. He left me, for no other reason, but sex. I gave my all, and he didn't give me anything in return. I let him go, and now I feel regret for what happened. I flip on the tv. I see that on the news the UN is combating Iraq's middle project. I flip the TV off, and put on some music. It's like there's a void that I can't fill no matter how hard I try. I put on my coat and go for a walk to the coffee shop. I walk in and order a cappuccino. I sit down by myself, and wait for my coffee. I look around. All these people are happy, or have a good way of showing that they're okay. Then I see a guy, he's wearing a black and red shirt with a black jacket and jeans. He's cute. Probably taken. Ugh... I'll never find Mr. Right. I get my coffee and start sipping it. I look over to that boy. He's such a cutie, I wish I had some courage. He looks over at me and smiles. I blush profusely. Gosh, I'm so stupid. He's probably not even into me. Oh well..

I walk out of the coffee shop, and go to my friend's house. I knock on the door. "Grace, open up." I say. She opens the door, and motions in. I sit on the couch, and look at her. She sits beside me, "what's wrong dear? You have that look on your face," she says. Grace is a beautiful girl. She could have any guy she wants. Her hair is a light blonde, her skin is slightly tanned. Her eyes a deep blue. In contrast, I have dark black hair, my eyes are blue, but very light. My skin is pale and I'm socially awkward. "I'm just recovering from a break-up" I say to her. She looks at me, then hugs me. I start to cry. She knows just when I need a hug. She's just that kind of person. I wish I could be that person to someone. It's just so lonely in this world.. I wish I was someone's dream girl. Ugh.. I look at Grace. "You mind if I stay here tonight?" I ask. "Of course my darling, " she says. I lay down on the couch and pass out.