43| I WANT TO!

David Pov:

I went home after dealing with the man who tried to follow Adeline at the party. Whenever she talked to someone, he would follow her.

But, as usual, I knew he wasn't a professional spy. He was just a random guy working for money.

People like him are given work only over the phone and are paid a huge amount of money. They don't even know who their employer is.

My thoughts vanished when I saw my doll in the dress I gifted her.

As always, she looked breathtaking. She stood up from her chair and spun around to see herself in the mirror.

"Stunning!" I complimented her, causing her to flinch at my sudden voice. She blushed at my words and glanced at me through the mirror.

This is one of her actions that I love.

I went to her, wrapped my arms around her waist, and nuzzled my face into her neck. She relaxed herself in my embrace.

"Where is your brother?" I asked.

"He said he had to go but promised to come back to see me," she said, and I hummed in response.

"Did you two talk?" I asked, wondering how their conversation went since my entire day was spent thinking about it.

"Hmm" she just hummed, indicating she didn't want to discuss it.

"Where are we going?" she asked after a minute.

"A date." I replied.

"A date?" she repeated and chuckled.

"Don't you want to go with me?" I teased.

"No," she said, unwrapping my arms from her waist.

"Why?" I asked, now serious. She gulped hard and shook her head. I liked it when she gulped so hard out of fear that I might eat her alive. Ha ha ha.

"Let's go, hmm?" she said, intertwining our hands to distract me.

"Wait." I said, getting an idea.

"Huh?" she asked in confusion.

"I changed the plan." I said, a smirk appearing on my face.

"What?"

"Pack some clothes." I said.

"Why?"

"Do as I say, doll," I instructed. She nodded and went to pack some clothes. I helped her select clothes and packed a special nightgown for her.

"Done?" I asked.

"Done." she replied.

"Wait." I said, remembering something.

"Now what?" she asked in irritation, and I glared at her.

"Da-"

"Here." I said, handing her a phone.

"A phone, for me?" she asked excitedly.

"Of course," I said, pecking her forehead. After that, we left the house and got into the car. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"Oliver," I called him when I noticed my doll had fallen into a deep slumber.

"Yes?"

"I'm not coming to the office for two days."

"It's very dangerous outside. Why are you taking a risk when you already know he's back for her?" He said. I knew very well that everyone loved my doll so much.