confession rewrite

As the days at Camp Cavanaugh passed, my jealousy and anger towards Leo intensified. He had managed to worm his way into Igor's life, taking up more and more of his time and attention. It seemed like everywhere I turned, I saw Leo with his arm around Igor, their hands intertwined, and it drove me insane.

I couldn't understand why Igor was so drawn to Leo, especially since he didn't even speak Russian like I did. It felt like he was purposely trying to pull Igor away from me, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing my best friend to someone else.

One afternoon, as we gathered around the campfire, I watched Leo and Igor interact, and it made my blood boil. Leo's possessiveness was on full display, and Igor seemed perfectly content with it. It was like they were in their little world, leaving me on the outside looking in.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up, unable to control my frustration any longer, and walked away. I needed to distance myself from the situation before I exploded.

Luke followed me, concerned for my well-being. "Jake, are you alright?" he asked gently.

"No, I'm not alright. I can't stand seeing Leo always hanging all over Igor. It's like he's trying to steal him away from me," I confessed, my voice laden with hurt and frustration.

Luke tried to offer some comfort, telling me that maybe Igor just enjoyed Leo's company and felt comfortable with him. But it was hard for me to accept that explanation. I knew it was more than that; I could feel it in my gut.

"We used to be so close, Luke. We did everything together, and now it's like I don't even matter to him anymore," I said, my voice breaking with emotion.

Luke sighed, understanding my pain. "I know it's hard, Jake. But you can't force Igor to be with you. Friendship is about mutual understanding and respect. Maybe you just need to give him some space," he suggested gently.

But I couldn't let go of my jealousy and possessiveness. "Space? He's slipping away, and I can't let that happen," I declared, my determination fueling my actions.

I walked back to the campfire, where Leo and Igor were still engrossed in their own little world. I couldn't bear to see Igor so close to Leo, not when it used to be me he turned to.

"Igor, we need to talk," I said, trying to sound calm despite the turmoil inside me.

He looked up at me, his innocent eyes wide with confusion. "Talk? About what?" he asked, his broken English revealing his lack of understanding.

But I couldn't hold back my emotions any longer. "About Leo! He's always clinging to you, and it's like you don't even care how it makes me feel!" I blurted out, my voice filled with bitterness and hurt.

Igor looked torn, glancing between Leo and me. "I... friends... no fight," he managed to say softly, trying to mediate between us.

But my frustration and jealousy were too overwhelming. "Friends? We used to be best friends, Igor! Now you're always with him, and it's like I don't even matter to you anymore," I confessed, my heart breaking with every word.

Tears welled up in Igor's eyes, and I instantly regretted my outburst. "Jake, I... sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you," he stammered, his broken English revealing his genuine confusion.

But my anger had reached its peak, and I couldn't stop myself. "Stay away from Igor! He's my friend, not yours!" I spat at Leo, my jealousy consuming me.

Leo's smug grin only widened, as if he were enjoying the conflict between me and Igor. He wrapped his arm around Igor's shoulder, guiding him away from me. "Come on, Igor. Let's get away from this drama," he said, his voice dripping with satisfaction.

Igor looked back at me, his eyes filled with sadness. "Jake, I... don't want to fight. I just want to be friends with everyone," he said, his broken English reflecting his wish for peace.

But I couldn't control my emotions any longer. I pushed past Leo and grabbed Igor's arm, trying to apologize for my outburst. "Igor, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I just... I care about you," I said, my voice softening.

But Igor pulled away from me, hurt by my actions. "No, Jake. I need time. You're acting strange, and I can't handle it," he said, his voice trembling with emotion.

And with that, Igor turned away and ran off with Leo, leaving me alone by the campfire, my heart heavy with regret and jealousy. The damage was done, and I couldn't help but wonder if I had lost my best friend forever.