𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝟕:𝟒𝟑 𝐀.𝐌

𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘢-𝘔𝘢𝘺 𝘈𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘵𝘵 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭

☆☆☆

𝘑𝘰𝘩𝘯 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸

If you asked me to name a Taylor Swift song, I bet we would be there all day. Her music isn't just music it's like a lifestyle, and who wouldn't want to listen to her all day long? Being in high school has become customary for me and I can't remember when it wasn't because I'm a junior now. Getting to school early is hard because who wants to wake up? Since I don't have a free period, I have to study in the library early so my grades don't struggle. 

I have my headphones on and they are noise canceling so I can focus on my work and won't get so easily distracted. It's usually the same people every day in their normal spots either reading, studying, or just being on their phones. Mr. Homer gave us extra Chem homework because he "felt" like it and he's the teacher and we have to do what he says or it's Friday night detention with Ms. Saromo, and nobody wants to be in the same room as her when she has a bad day. Then she walks in. God took a while to create her, cause she looked beautiful. I believe her name is Emmaline, she sits rows behind me in AP World Geography and I guess I haven't taken a bit to know her. 

She walked over to the chapter book section where the murder mysteries were and started looking at the books. I forgot one thing. She's also my neighbor. As I was watching her I didn't notice that I started to zone out and she made eye contact with me and held it for a bit. I quickly looked back down at my paper and picked up my pencil again, I slowly peeked back up to see if she was still there. She was gone? I stuffed some back papers into my bag and put the headphones away so they wouldn't get broken, and made my way out of the library. 

I keep my head down when I walk through the hallways to prevent anyone from trying to conversate with me. Some days I just feel like speaking to anyone because I just don't have anything to say. The school day does go by pretty quickly when everything is hard because you don't look at the time much as you try to work quickly and do it right at the same time. 

𝟓:𝟏𝟖 𝐏.𝐌

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

I always get my homework done at school so I don't have any to do at home and I can just relax and enjoy myself. I make dinner for my mother since she is in the office working and her work is what keeps us afloat when my father just gives us a bit of money we are appreciative of it. I think I'm gonna make her an enchilada if I can look up the recipe and I have all the right ingredients. I look up the recipe on my phone and go through my pantry and fridge to find anything needed for the meal. I tried to carry everything at once which is not the smartest thing to do, so some stuff ended up spilling or falling out of my hands. 

As I put the plates on the table the office door opened and out walked my mother, her hair was all nice and her clothes looked straight and ironed, she was even wearing heels. She looked way too nice to have been sitting in the office all day long, she must have gone to work today and maybe had a meeting or something.

"What smells so good? I could eat a lion"! She walked over to the counter and looked at what I made and raised her eyebrows before walking over to the table and pulling out the chair and sitting, scorching in a second after, picking up a fork and looking at me.

"I made cheese enchilada and they might be like chef level of good, but I just wanted to make something different than we usually have which is like chicken, pizza, and pancakes. If it ends up tasting bad we can go out for pizza cause I have some spare cash from mowing Mrs. Slamans yard".  I said walking over to the table with the food and setting it on her plate and mine. I walked to the fridge and poured some milk for us and brought it back to the table setting it down. I pulled out my chair and sat quickly before my mother grabbed my hand, and closed our eyes. 

"Dear Jesus, please bless us for this meal, and thank you to Johnny for making this meal for me. Please bless our neighbors and friends tonight and in Jesus's name I pray, Amen". I smiled at the nickname she called me and squeezed her hand as a symbol of reassurance and she smiled at the action. 

"How was school? I haven't read the weekly newsletter in a while so I haven't got a clue what's going on". I swallowed some food I had shoveled into my mouth and set my fork down, wiping my mouth with the napkin from beside my plate and setting it back down.

"Nothing much, just lots of homework and tests. Nothing really interesting has happened lately and school has become boring". As I finished I picked my fork up again and spooned some food back into my mouth and drank some of the milk I had poured to wash it down. 

My mother's phone started to ring and she picked it up and went into the other room real quick and I didn't even make a move. I heard a bang and it sounded like she punched something but I couldn't tell since she was down the hallway. "Are you okay Mom"? I asked and she didn't say anything before peering around the side and making a thumbs up at me. 

She walked back over to the table and set her phone down before taking a breath and looking at me. "Sorry about that, nobody at work knows how to do anything right, I just need to do it myself and it'll be done the right way". The vane in her forehead looked like it was about to explode but the rest of her looked completely calm. She can be pretty scary when she's mad and not like grounded for a day but she'll make you feel like you just killed someone and it wasn't even your fault. At some point, she might actually murder someone if she gets mad enough and I wouldn't underestimate that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 - 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 |𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘧 𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦|