ten

After the rather uncomfortable encounter with Carlos, I suddenly felt completely sober, so I decided to have one last drink before calling a taxi for myself

After the rather uncomfortable encounter with Carlos, I suddenly felt completely sober, so I decided to have one last drink before calling a taxi for myself. I couldn't bear the thought of seeing Carlos for at least a couple of days, which made me even more glad that my flight was scheduled in less than half a day. As I finally stumbled into my hotel room, I threw my dress on my packed suitcase, and apart from wiping off my makeup, I didn't even bother with my skincare. I lazily put on my pyjamas, probably inside out, as I was too tired to care about anything else. All I wanted at that moment was to collapse into bed and get some rest.

As expected, I woke up with the worst hangover ever. My head was pounding, and I discovered four random bruises on my arms and legs. All I wanted was to sink back into my bed. Unfortunately, my dad was waiting for me in half an hour to pick up my luggage, get some breakfast, and drive me to the airport. Usually, I would have flown with him, but he had to stay for some more testing sessions. I wanted to get home as soon as possible to meet up with my childhood friends, catch up on what's going on in Austria, and maybe do some baking. Oh yes, I can't forget about the Apfelstrudel deal with Lando.

Right on time, my dad knocked on the door, ready to take my suitcase to his car. While he handled the luggage, I quickly finished applying my make-up, checked the hotel room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, and made my way out. As the elevator doors opened, I was surprised by Lando and George inside.

"Jul! Good morning!" Lando greeted me cheerfully as I entered the elevator.

"Hey guys, also dying from last night?" I asked, my tone expressing my exhaustion.

"Well, we are sort of used to parties like these," George chuckled.

"Want to join us for breakfast? We have to have one last waffle here, please," Lando begged, and I happily nodded.

"Yeah, why not?" I grinned, just as I realized, "And, just wondering, with whom am I having this breakfast?"

"Us two, Alex, Daniel. Why?" George replied, a bit confused.

"Just to know if I'll be having breakfast for an hour because I won't be able to stop laughing, since Danny's gonna be there," I smiled, covering the real reason up.

-☆-

"So then, Lily just dragged Alex out, and Carmen and I couldn't stop laughing," George was explaining a situation from yesterday's party. I was staring into my plate, replaying the embarrassing action I had done yesterday, and thinking of a way to apologize. Texting Carlos seemed like the safest option, but I was totally clueless about what to say.

"Julia? Everything's fine?" Alex asked, with concern.

"Yeah, of course," I replied, finally taking my eyes off the stupid plate.

"So, what do you think George should do?"

"Should do for what?" I asked, evidently completely confused.

"For our anniversary with Carmen. I was thinking a yacht trip, maybe some shopping spree, hm?"

"I like that! Do you know what kind of jewelry she likes?" I smiled, thinking of the best gifts for Carmen.

"Like these," George showed me a picture of the two of them on his phone.

"I have one perfect necklace in mind. I'll send you the link at home," I took a last sip of my coffee, and suddenly, life was good again.

"Juli, time to go," dad came up to me from behind, leaning over my chair.

"Alright. See you guys in Austria," I said my goodbyes to the boys, to which Lando stood up and hugged me tightly. The bond that Lando and I formed over this one weekend was absolutely unexplainable. We hit it off instantly, as if we were basically soulmates...