CHAPTER 5 𝐿𝑒𝑡'𝑠 𝑇𝑟𝑦 (ENDING)

"I don't have a mate. And apparently I can choose whoever I want. It's crazy, I've been looking for a bride when there was none for me.", Bui chuckled as he hands Bible a can of beer.

He's use to the workload now and Bible's mood became normal, if not better. He still has that glare at everyone anyways but at least he talks to him now like a friend.

"But you can have a relationship with anyone right? Don't you have anyone you like at least? I can see how many are interested in you."

Bible refers to women who often flirt with him wherever he goes. Even men asks for his number like when they went to a bar to anonymously trap a rogue yesterday.

He's a magnet, attracting everyone around him.

"Interested in me? Hello? Bible, they're humans, I can't just say 'hey I like you, wanna die early and go to Afterlife with me?'"

Bible laughed and sips at the beer, there's no dull moment when he's with him. He likes their friendship and maybe it's best to stay that way.

" I don't want anyone dying so the best route is... choosing an immortal like me."

"Should I set you a date? many at my office constantly asks me about you and if you have a bride, it's getting annoying, specially when Nabi makes a big deal of them talking to me and avoids me for days.", Dom bites on a barbecue and hands Nabi one too.

" I don't know...", Bui glanced at Bible but quickly looked away as their eyes met.

Nabi nudges Dom for being dumb and unable to read the room. He then points Bible who's longingly staring at Bui who is playing with Ekiel and Lily.

"Oh fuck? Really?!", he exclaimed making Nabi laugh, stuffing his mouth with salad and Nan drags him away to the seat.

"What's the deal with you woman?! You're just annoying as ever."

"I don't have time for you clueless idiot, but I'm here because I want to asks the progress between those two. Has Bible confessed yet?"

"No? How was I suppose to know? Nabi just told me. But don't the Manager have a bride?"

"Yes, but that's only applicable if a goblin doesn't like someone. He's heart is with Build therefore having a bride is pointless."

There was a silence and a multiple sigh.

"He didn't pursue my friend because of that? Okay, someone's ought to tell them because in honesty all this tension is making me sick. What the fuck is wrong with them seriously?", Ekiel butted in and grabs a soda.

He then winked at them who are ready for his plan.

"Bui, here's an idea why not choose Bible? He's a handsome inmortal.", Ekiel yells, startling Bible and Bui in unison.

Bible spat his drink and Bui did the same.

All of them anticipated Bui's answer and Bible didn't expect Bui to smile and bite from his barbeque skewer.

"Why not? You don't mind right?"

"You can't just say that you would marry me all of a sudden. Do you even like me Bui?", Bible worriedly says knowing Bui has been searching for a long time only to end up with him.

"Yeah, I do.", Build confidently answers not minding everyone who's cheering like middle schoolers on Valentine's Day.

"We don't have to hurry. I know you love your job and I will accompany you. You can say no or we can try...", Bui pauses while Bible gently holds his hand.

Bible sincerely never thought of romance or bride when he became a goblin, but when he crashlanded on Bui for the first time, he knew he would never be able to like anyone else.

"Let's try, let's try this Build. I want this to work.", they embraced shyly and the others threw confetti and even made fireworks.

-

"Good job bastards! That was easy! See! You don't know how awkward it is for me to be around you both these past few weeks. Geez."

"Why would you be awkward?"

"I literally am a third wheel okay? Who was punched by the rogue yesterday? Who had a nosebleed? Me?! Who did our great manager ran to?"

"Right. No worries little one, we'll take care of you."

"You're just jealous because you won't be able to cling to Bui anymore.", Dom teases Ekiel who's sulking.

"Well the beers running out, come help me.", Miss Nan sends a knowing look at Bible and forced everyone out of the rooftop.

"There's still a lot of beer-", Bui turns around only to be kissed on the cheek and Bible immediately looks away.

"You kissed me and out of nowhere and now you're shy?", Bui teased Bible who was hiding his face with a scarf.

"That was an impluse, I'm just drunk. My breath reeks of alcohol.",Bui lowers the scarf and wraps his hands on Bible's face, caressing his red ears.

"You're cute when embarrassed, I'm drunk too so please close you're eyes.", Bui smiles and whispers.

"Why?", Bible nervously places his hands on Build's waist.

"I'm going to kiss you too. I'm not good at it and this is my first time so tell me if you'll feel uncomfortable."

The warmth of their body rose as they enjoyed each other's kiss, it was warm and exciting that the cold wind and snow felt nothing.

They were practically breathless when their lips parted, Bible stared at his partners plump limps which partially bruised. He placed his thumb there and hid Bui in his coat.

"Did it hurt?"

"No, it was good...Y-You're lips are soft..."

"Really?", Bible couldn't help but laugh at Bui who was clinging to him tightly.

"Can I do it again?"

With Build's permission he claimed his lips once again, only with more passion and gentleness and Bui did the same with equal fervor.

Bible has Build, and he wouldn't want anything else.

Bui loves this goblin in front of him and he thanks fate for giving him Bible instead of a bride.

fin ♥︎