♡ chapter one ♡

I am going to die.

Or I was going to be decapitated. Someone even took the time to explain it to me while I was sitting in the prison cell. A tear slowly went down my face. I couldn't hold it back.

-JENNETTE MARGARITA HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF IMPERSONATION THE DAUGHTER OF THE EMPEROR AND WILL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH BY BEHEADING!

The crowd started throwing vegetables and whatever they could place their eyes on, as I was being placed at the wooden table.

I looked behind me and saw a man holding an axe. It was like a shock went through my body; I turned my head around again. I didn't dare look at him anymore, as the sight would send shivers down my back. I don't think I ever really realized what dying truly meant.

I was never going to see what I'd thought was my home.

I was never going to clean up the cabinet that I'd told myself I would clean for months now.

I was never going to find love

Never have children.

Never grow old.

I was never going to be able to do any of those things.

Tears started rushing down my face. I couldn't even wipe them away as my hands were tied to my back.

I took a deep breath thinking it would calm my anxiety down, which did not work, not even the slightest. It felt like my heart was beating out of my chest, I honestly feared it was going to flop down to the ground soon.

I guess this Is the end. I heard the man walking toward me. I couldn't do anything but sob. I looked up at the crowd Infront of me one more time. I saw a mom with her children yelling at me. Men looked at me like I was an insect. I saw some girls I'd talked to before, two of them seemed to be quietly laughing and it was as if I could hear their words. "I knew this would happen" "I mean she kind of got what she deserved" followed by quiet laughter. Even when I was going to die, I was disrespected.

I tried my best to stop crying and in the corner of my eye it was like I could see a man; he was muscular and wearing black pants, a brown-Ish cape covering his chest area. He has jet-black hair covering his eyes, and his arms were covered in scars. He looked frantic and tried to push his way into the crowd. He was yelling something. I couldn't hear what. Something about him seemed familiar.

Then I felt it.

The axe.

It was like a shock.

It was heavy.

It went smoothly through my neck.

And the last thing I could see was the man.

He was still yelling, and his mouth was moving as if he was saying

"JENNETTE!"

I almost jumped up.

I was sitting in my bed.

"JENNETTE!"

My bedroom.

It wasn't my bedroom as well though. It wasn't the bed in the palace. This was Roger's place.

It was like my brain stopped working for a minute and the only thing waking me up to reality was the headmaid's voice yelling through the hallway.

"JENNETTE!"

She was about to open my bedroom door, but I slipped out of my bed and quickly ran over and looked at it. I could hear her harshly yelling at me, but I tried to ignore it.