12 - Lennox

Hello lovelies, how are you all doing? Please, vote, comment, and share if you like Nefariously Yours. I have a question. Are the chapters too long to read? If yes, let me explain. 

The chapters are as long as I need to tell a certain part of the story. For example, the last chapter was around 4,200 words long and the chapter before that nearly hit 5,000 words. It's not because I felt like making it that long but because it needed to be that long. 

For instance, if one chapter requires 3 fight scenes and ends up being 3000 words then let it be 3000 words because that's how many words it takes to tell that part of the story. It wouldn't make sense to split a chapter into two parts, it needs to be a chapter on its own to tell the story. 

Do you understand what I'm saying? I hope you do. Because that's how it is going to be. 

*****************************

"Capo," Teodoro, Molly's brother, says in my ear as we sit in the front row and watch Molly as she climbs on stage with a microphone in her hand

"Capo," Teodoro, Molly's brother, says in my ear as we sit in the front row and watch Molly as she climbs on stage with a microphone in her hand. "Brace yourself for a nightmare." He despises his legal name and so do we, so we call him Theo. 

"Nightmare?" 

"My sister is crazy. I'm not sure what trick she will pull off in front of everyone on stage, but I feel like I will start having nightmares tonight." He complains and I stifle a laugh. A few moments pass before he speaks again, "Where did Savannah and her new friend go?" 

"She has a surprise test to take the following week," I inform him.

"Right. I forgot. I hope she becomes a doctor soon and starts treating us when we get hurt in fights." 

"Stop talking, Theo. My head hurts." 

"Get a drink." 

"I've been drinking since evening. It's not helping."

"What is it, Capo?" He voices his concern and I decide to tell him. 

"Petrovs," I pause and take in Theo's perplexed facial expression. "The treaty has been breached. They are here. They killed Greco. If they wanted our attention, they would have gone for someone more important. Your father knows things." I tell him, slanting my face in his direction and catching the waves of unease that his lifted eyebrows make as they come together.

My head snaps at the stage when a familiar high-pitched voice looms across the room, interrupting him before he can respond. Molly starts speaking, and I brace myself for a show.

Molly practically urged me to hang around for a little longer so she might perform something on stage for me to see, and I took no objection. While in school, she was always a strong performer in the arts, literature, and dancing, and she would have me watch her perform and offer her applause every time.

"Someone told me to pour my heart out and express my honest feelings. We have been friends since childhood, Lennox. I recall that I was the only girl you used to talk to in class, and other kids would get envious. Likewise, you were the only boy I ever interacted with in school. When I recall such moments, I can't help but marvel at how things haven't changed, like how the only people we could count on, were each other. Even though we have known one other for almost our entire lives, it feels a bit strange to think that we are getting married now, but I like that it's just the two of us." A few moments pass before she speaks again, "This song is for you. Capo."