Angel

We sat by the pier, the sunset glowing towards us. As we stood by its fences, she stood up on them and turned towards me.

"I have no one to love. I have nothing to love." She says with a smile on her face.

I looked at her silently, deadpanned. What am I supposed to say? It's the normal relationship between us. Her, suicidal. Me, not being able to say anything. I wanted to die too but she seems to want some attention before she dies.

She wants the world to look at her one last time even if it meant she was going to die. She wants the world to care, to care that she's not here.

The wind picked up and so her locks were flowing in them. The sun shined brightly in this golden hour, her eyes reflecting the sparkle of the moment.

She then fell into the ocean, face towards me as she fell. I blew on my cigarette, I wished I could die the same way. But as her guardian angel, I'm tired too.

Whats the point?

I couldn't save her.

My wings were taken away as I was forced to relive this moment of my immortal life. I tried to but I couldn't handle all of these suicidal thoughts of hers as well.

Is this what it means to be human?

Bubbles stopped coming from the water as I killed my cigar and jumped into the ocean to retrieve her dead body.

Setting her body by the pier, wet and unbreathing. I hated this human, yet I still cared. Toxic relationship yet I couldn't turn away. She was my responsibility.